From: Anonymous on
In article <-6OdncPQFNm8ZjrWnZ2dnUVZ_hidnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>,
HeyBub <heybub(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>starwars wrote:
>> "HeyBub" <heybub(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> How many times can you say "free" in one post?
>>
>> Anything going through anybody else's server is not free. It may not
>> cost you money, but it costs you security.
>>
>> No thanks.
>
>In the abstract, you are correct.

[snip]

>All in all, as you succinctly point out, one has to weigh the benefits vs.
>confidentiality of helping a 70-year old set up an internet dominos game so
>he can play with his grandson.

One may also have to weigh the benefits vs. the aggravation of hearing a
Corner-Office Idiot wail 'But my father can use this to play dominoes with
my sun, why can't *we* use it to share our in-house quartely financial
breakdowns?'

DD
From: Howard Brazee on
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:00:15 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf(a)panix.com () wrote:

>One may also have to weigh the benefits vs. the aggravation of hearing a
>Corner-Office Idiot wail 'But my father can use this to play dominoes with
>my sun, why can't *we* use it to share our in-house quartely financial
>breakdowns?'

I'm trying to imagine how that game is played.

- James Madison
From: Anonymous on
In article <au0iq5lmshrvnke1j6cuj8rr977hucivq6(a)4ax.com>,
Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net> wrote:
>On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:00:15 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf(a)panix.com () wrote:
>
>>One may also have to weigh the benefits vs. the aggravation of hearing a
>>Corner-Office Idiot wail 'But my father can use this to play dominoes with
>>my sun, why can't *we* use it to share our in-house quartely financial
>>breakdowns?'
>
>I'm trying to imagine how that game is played.

Only those with The Big Picture do, or so I've been told.

DD