From: mhoys on
Oracle kills free support blog and Twitter account
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Howlett/?p=1761
From: John Hurley on
On Feb 19, 9:27 am, mhoys <matthias.h...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Oracle kills free support blog and Twitter accounthttp://blogs.zdnet.com/Howlett/?p=1761

Interesting ... thanks. I thought that guy would have been ditched by
Oracle even earlier than this.

As pathetic as the MOS rollout was he was implying and suggesting that
customers had not done their homework in advance of the rollout.

I forget if he used the word lazy or ignorant or something to that
effect but it was pretty bad. I think Nuno had some pretty choice
words about it.
From: joel garry on
On Feb 19, 11:08 am, John Hurley <johnbhur...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 9:27 am, mhoys <matthias.h...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > Oracle kills free support blog and Twitter accounthttp://blogs.zdnet.com/Howlett/?p=1761
>
> Interesting ... thanks.  I thought that guy would have been ditched by
> Oracle even earlier than this.
>
> As pathetic as the MOS rollout was he was implying and suggesting that
> customers had not done their homework in advance of the rollout.
>
> I forget if he used the word lazy or ignorant or something to that
> effect but it was pretty bad.  I think Nuno had some pretty choice
> words about it.

I think the idea of an Ombudsman (someone who represents our interests
within Oracle) is a good one, and I think Warticki felt he was
fulfilling this role. Whether he just blew it by using poor judgment
about humor at a black time or was the tall blade of grass the first
to be chopped down by the blame lawnmower we'll probably never know.
He was in an impossible situation. I hope he lands on his feet.

Not near as depressing as the Oracle blogger who posted on Valentines
day about his wife leaving him.

And this Stack guy who overflowed and flew his plane into the IRS
building - from the stuff floating about on the intertubes I think he
used to work around the corner from my old workplace (supposedly he
worked at Emulex and Western Digital in Irvine, and Hughes Fullerton
[last century I worked with folk from there]), and he's my age too.
Shudder. Say, are you in Austin?

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/19/tv-show-incenses-black-students-ucsd/
From: Steve Howard on
On Feb 19, 2:08 pm, John Hurley <johnbhur...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 9:27 am, mhoys <matthias.h...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > Oracle kills free support blog and Twitter accounthttp://blogs.zdnet.com/Howlett/?p=1761
>
> Interesting ... thanks.  I thought that guy would have been ditched by
> Oracle even earlier than this.
>
> As pathetic as the MOS rollout was he was implying and suggesting that
> customers had not done their homework in advance of the rollout.
>
> I forget if he used the word lazy or ignorant or something to that
> effect but it was pretty bad.  I think Nuno had some pretty choice
> words about it.

MOS for me continues to be awful. If I were to hazard a guess, I
would say a page is incompletely built about 20-30% of the time for
me. I have to hit refresh 5-6 times, and sometimes restart my
browser.

I literally am astounded at what an abomination it is. It is a
standing joke in our shop with the guys who support AIX, RHAT, MSFT,
EMC, or products from any other vendor.
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:09:29 -0800, Steve Howard wrote:

> MOS for me continues to be awful.

Oracle Support in general is awful. I have a severity 2 SR which hasn't
been touched over the weekend. It's a RAC installation. I have never
succeeded in 10G RAC install without opening a SR and it I have plenty of
grievances about that. Not only is the product extremely hard to install,
the support is getting worse. Apparently, Oracle Corp. is reinventing
itself. They've drastically cut down on the information they share about
their products, they're selling the database and charging separately for
the means to tune it, their support is getting worse by the day.
Unfortunately, they own the market. We will be assimilated, resistance is
futile.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com