From: JP on
I'm thinking of getting another Blackberry phone, Blackberry Curve 8520. I
currently have a Blackberry Pearl 8120 on Orange PAYG.

I know you can not take the PIN number with you, but do I have to cancel the
BlackBerry Internet Service on my current handset and reinstate it on my new
handset?

I would like to keep the same number.

From: JL on
On 25 May, 19:12, "JP" <upyo...(a)lololololololol.uk> wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting another Blackberry phone, Blackberry Curve 8520. I
> currently have a Blackberry Pearl 8120 on Orange PAYG.
>
> I know you can not take the PIN number with you, but do I have to cancel the
> BlackBerry Internet Service on my current handset and reinstate it on my new
> handset?
>
> I would like to keep the same number.

Log in to http://www.blackberry.orange.co.uk/

Click 'Change Device'

Your new Curve will be updated with all the BIS accounts etc.

To keep your same number just keep the same SIM or, if you upgrade
with Orange, they'll give you a new SIM but when registering it they
will transfer your existing number and account details onto it.

Hope that helps
From: JP on

"JL" <newsaccount(a)mail2web.com> wrote in message
> On 25 May, 19:12, "JP" <upyo...(a)lololololololol.uk> wrote:
>> I'm thinking of getting another Blackberry phone, Blackberry Curve 8520.
>> currently have a Blackberry Pearl 8120 on Orange PAYG.
>>
>> I know you can not take the PIN number with you, but do I have to cancel
>> the
>> BlackBerry Internet Service on my current handset and reinstate it on my
>> new
>> handset?
>>
>> I would like to keep the same number.
>
> Log in to http://www.blackberry.orange.co.uk/
>
> Click 'Change Device'
>
> Your new Curve will be updated with all the BIS accounts etc.
>
> To keep your same number just keep the same SIM or, if you upgrade
> with Orange, they'll give you a new SIM but when registering it they
> will transfer your existing number and account details onto it.
>
> Hope that helps

Thanks :)

From: Rom. on

"JP" <upyours(a)lololololololol.uk> wrote in message

> "JL" <newsaccount(a)mail2web.com> wrote in message
>> On 25 May, 19:12, "JP" <upyo...(a)lololololololol.uk> wrote:
>>> I'm thinking of getting another Blackberry phone, Blackberry Curve 8520.

I was thinking of buying one of these. I wanted to know what
is was like for listening to internet radio through wifi (Home & Public),
the shop assistant hadn't a clue so any experience or tech knowhow
would be appreciated.

From: Jon on
In article <hth3v4$so9$1(a)news.albasani.net>, upyours(a)lololololololol.uk
says...
> I'm thinking of getting another Blackberry phone, Blackberry Curve 8520. I
> currently have a Blackberry Pearl 8120 on Orange PAYG.
>
> I know you can not take the PIN number with you, but do I have to cancel the
> BlackBerry Internet Service on my current handset and reinstate it on my new
> handset?
>
> I would like to keep the same number.

As long as you follow the correct PAYG upgrade procedure and register
your new SIM (keeping your old number) then all you hae to do is log in
to blackberry.orange.co.uk and hit "change device" then enter your new
PIN and your emails will start getting fired to your new device.
--
Regards
Jon
 |  Next  |  Last