From: JDS on
When I 1st open Outlook 2003 can I press a key to force it to "browse" for a
pst file?

From: Peter Foldes on
Huh? Can you rephrase your Question. Are you looking for the pst files or are you
looking for a single email as the pst. Very hard to understand what exactly you are
looking for and how

--
Peter

From: JDS on
I have an outlook.pst file on my pc, copied from another pc. I just
installed outlook and I was hoping that when I started it up, rather than it
just creating its own new outlook.pst file, I could point it to the file a
copied over. I know some programs have the option of holding down a key at
start up so you can browse to the data file.

From: Russ Valentine on
Outlook 2003 and 2007 always create a new PST file once you install and
configure them for an Internet Mail Account. Only Outlook 2010 will provide
an option to choose an existing PST file before it creates another.
If you already configured a profile with an account, you will have a new PST
file which, of course, you don't need. Just open the PST file you'd rather
use, set it as your default, restart Outlook, and then you can close the new
PST file you never needed in the first place.
Outlook always thinks it knows better than you do. Sadly, it never does.
--
Russ Valentine

From: VanguardLH on
JDS wrote:

> When I 1st open Outlook 2003 can I press a key to force it to "browse" for a
> pst file?

Sure. Rename the current .pst file that the mail profile in Outlook is
using, like to <file>.old_pst. Then load Outlook. It won't find the .pst
by the filename it was previously told and lets you go find a .pst file.

(I haven't done this in many years but recall that's how you get Outlook to
prompt and go hunting for a .pst file.)
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Mouse Scroll