From: nbowman on
Hello,

I've tested this issue on another computer running IMAP on Outlook 2003 and
it doesn't occur. The user says this was not always occuring.

My client uses Outlook 2003 configured with IMAP, it has a mail rule to move
sent items from the local PST to the sent items folder in the IMAP account.

When the mail is moved by the mail rule it places the email at the top of
the list under the IMAP sent items folder. The user filters his sent items
"Arranged by: TO" w/ "A on top"

It is only filed appropriately after he clicks on the email in the IMAP sent
items folder. While it is at the top it is filed under (none)

I have a screenshot if I am not descriptive enough. If you would like to see
it please give me a method in which I can send you the screenshot.

Many thanks!

-Nick
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"nbowman(a)pccc.com" <nbowmanpccccom(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I've tested this issue on another computer running IMAP on Outlook 2003 and
> it doesn't occur. The user says this was not always occuring.
>
> My client uses Outlook 2003 configured with IMAP, it has a mail rule to move
> sent items from the local PST to the sent items folder in the IMAP account.
>
> When the mail is moved by the mail rule it places the email at the top of
> the list under the IMAP sent items folder. The user filters his sent items
> "Arranged by: TO" w/ "A on top"
>
> It is only filed appropriately after he clicks on the email in the IMAP sent
> items folder. While it is at the top it is filed under (none)

What field contains "none"? Is it the To field?

What I believe is happening is that there's not an instantaneous update of the
IMAP server when the move takes place. Outlook must have an event that
triggers the sync process. Clicking the mail provides that. I believe you
could click any item in the folder to cause Outlook to sync it with the
server. I believe a send/receive event would as well. Try that once to see
if I'm correct. Outlook 2003 isn't the world's best IMAP client, in my
opinion.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: nbowman on
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll have the user give that a try and see if it
resolves the issue.

If not, do you have any other suggestions? I've been using IMAP on Outlook
2003 and 2007 for close to 5 years now without this sort of issue occurring
before.

-Nick

From: nbowman on

The user said, "If I click on an already open email, it does not open and
sort “UNOPENED” emails.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> The user said, "If I click on an already open email, it does not open and
> sort “UNOPENED” emails.

Again, what field is empty that shouldn't be? IIf he arranges the folder by
the "To" field and this message is in the "None" grouping, then the To field
should be empty. Is it? What happens if he performs another Send/Receive?
Is he subscribed to the folder? What view is he using?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]