From: GD on
There are no add-ins installed. Outlook behaviour is the same in safe mode,
maybe takes a little longer to crash.... like about 90 seconds,

From: VanguardLH on
GD wrote:

> There are no add-ins installed.

Not likely. In fact, the default install of Outlook has the following
add-ins installed:

Exchange Extensions property pages
Fax Server Extension

Are those the only 2 add-ins (or COM plugins) that are listed?

> Outlook behaviour is the same in safe mode,
> maybe takes a little longer to crash.... like about 90 seconds,

Use the Help -> Detect and Repair menu and retest.

You did not mention if Outlook 2003 was installed as a standalone version
(and Office, if present, is some other version) or if installed as part of
the Office 2003 suite.

Reboot Windows into its Safe Mode (with networking), load Outlook, and
retest. If that works, use msconfig to use the "Selective startup" where
all items are enabled except for Startup Items and reboot into normal mode
for Windows. That will load Windows will all the services but most (not
all) of the startup items not loaded. Then retest in normal Windows mode
but without all those background programs running.
From: GD on
Sorry, Exchange Extensions property pages was there, nothing else. Using
Detect and Repair from the Help menu does nothing, Outlook will crash during
the detect & repair routine. Outlook will crash in safe mode.

Outlook is installed with Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher as part of
the Office 2003 suite. None of the other apps have a problem operating.

From: Orland, Kathleen on
Have you tried opening Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch?