From: GD on
Outlook 2003 v. 11.5608.5606 SP3 continuously crashes at start up. I've spent
numerous hours searching various forums and have tried all the fixes I can
find....but nothing works.

I've deleted & created new profiles, uninstalled Outlook, re installed,
deleted .pst files, renamed or deleted extend.dat, outcmd.dat etc. I've used
Revo uninstaller to clean out the leftover registry data after uninstalling
Outlook the reinstalled again, I've run Hijack This but there's nothing that
stands out. I've run malware scans, anti virus scans. Outlook still crashes
at start up.

Can someone help me with this please?

OS is Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP2
2.5 Gig Ram
AMD Athlon 64
From: Orland, Kathleen on
Are there any entries in your Application Event Viewer that are Outlook or
Office-related? I would be interested in the event ID number and source.

From: GD on
only entry indicates outlook started in safe mode

From: GD on

"GD" wrote:

only entry indicates outlook started in safe mode

Source - Microsoft Office 11
event ID - 2000

From: VanguardLH on
GD wrote:

> Outlook 2003 v. 11.5608.5606 SP3 continuously crashes at start up. I've spent
> numerous hours searching various forums and have tried all the fixes I can
> find....but nothing works.
>
> I've deleted & created new profiles, uninstalled Outlook, re installed,
> deleted .pst files, renamed or deleted extend.dat, outcmd.dat etc. I've used
> Revo uninstaller to clean out the leftover registry data after uninstalling
> Outlook the reinstalled again, I've run Hijack This but there's nothing that
> stands out. I've run malware scans, anti virus scans. Outlook still crashes
> at start up.
>
> Can someone help me with this please?
>
> OS is Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP2
> 2.5 Gig Ram
> AMD Athlon 64

When Outlook loads, all enabled add-ins that you installed into Outlook also
get loaded. If an add-on hangs or crashes, so does Outlook. When Outlook
exits, it must first unload all those add-ons. If they hang or crash on
exit, so does Outlook. So test by loading Outlook in its safe mode which
does not load any enabled add-ins that you installed to Outlook:

outlook.exe /safe

If Outlook works in safe mode, disable all add-ins in Outlook and load
Outlook in its normal mode and retest. If that works, enable one add-on at
a time, restart Outlook in its normal mode, and retest. When the crash
reappears, the just prior re-enabled add-on is at fault.