From: dannyboybx on

Hi All,

Outlook will randomly hang/pause while opening, sending, viewing
different folders etc. We're using Outlook 2003 with SP3 in cached mode
Kaspersky Antivirus for workstations 6.0.4.1424 (without mail scanning
installed) and Exchange 2003 SP2. Computer has Win XP Pro SP3, 2GB ram.
Mailbox is about 3GB in size. Also the user has an iphone/mobile me,
although I don't know why that would have anything to do with it.
Any ideas?

Thank you for your help,
Danny

--
dannyboybx
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Mike on
Danny,
I have similar issues accessing:
3 Hotmail accts via Hotmail Connector (v14),
1 Gmail acct (IMAP)
1 other POP acct.

I notice the stalls are mainly related to the Gmail (IMAP) sync function as
it holds up Outlook completely during some actions. Especially when I'm
coneected via my poor wireless access.
But I live with it.

- What server type of email account(s) do you access?
- What type of internet connection do you access ie. stable broadband or
crawlband?

From: dannyboybx on

Hmm, Maybe that's simillar to how Iphone is accessing our exchange
server. Maybe the iphone's doing a sync and when that occurs it causes a
pause.

Outlook is connected directly to our Exchange Server via the native
Exchange protocal (RPC I think). Then apparrently the user's mobile
me/iphone accesses it via some kind of Active sync clone.

We have a T1 internet connection.

Thank you for your help

--
dannyboybx