From: Leon Hao [MSFT] on
Hi,

Sorry for the suggested tests and steps all failed with the same error. I
appreciate your time put into this process.

I have done some further research, and think this may caused by something
other than Outlook itself. Regarding this, please try the following
suggestions:

* Temporarily turn off/remove antivirus program
================

Such issue can be caused by the antivirus program currently running on the
machine. Please temporarily turn off or remove antivirus applications on
the server and / or client sides and see if this scenario is gone.

* Windows Safe Mode and clean boot
===================

Please first perform a Safe Mode in Windows XP by following the steps below:

1. Restart Windows.
2. At the boot sequence, long press F8 key to invoke startup menu.
3. Choose Safe Mode on the menu and press Enter.
4. After Windows starts in Safe Mode, determine if this issue still
persists.

If this issue does not occur in Safe Mode, then please perform a clean boot
to solve this issue:

1. Click Start>Run, type "msconfig" in the Open box (without the quotation
marks), and then click OK.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then clear the Process
System.ini File, Process WIn.ini File, and Load Startup Items check boxes.
You cannot clear the Use Original Boot.ini check box.
3. On the Services tab, select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box,
and then click Disable All.
4. Click OK, and then click Restart to restart your computer.
5. After Windows starts, determine whether the symptoms still occur.

If it works fine after Windows clean boot, please obtain the detailed
troubleshooting steps in our KB article:

310353 How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

If all fail, please kindly provide some additional information so that we
can do further research and test:

* Information Collection
===================

1. Does this occur on another user account? Please create a new one to
test. (Not Outlook user account.)
2. Tell me the detailed steps about how this user schedules a resource.
3. What is the version of your Windows? Have you applied all the latest
updates for both Windows and Office?

Please try the suggestions and collect the information for me. Thanks for
your time and effort.

Regards,

Leon Hao

Microsoft Online Partner Support