From: Mark_XKR on
Hi
We use Office 2003 and Exchange via a web based service.

Our Exchange provider has upgraded us, as part of our contract, to Outlook
2007. Which we have installed.

I have found that a lot of the proofing options are grayed out (see below).
Is this because they are handled by Office 2007? And is there a way to
activate them without upgrading to Office 2007 throughout? Or do we need to
uninstall Outlook 2007 and go back to Outlook 2003 to get back tehse proofing
functions?

Grayed out options include:
EDIT+OPTIONS+SPELLING+SPELLING AND AUTOCORRECTION
: Proofing
(section header):: When correcting spelling in Outlook :: <-all optiosn
Grayed out
(section header):: Autocorrect Optons + Autocorreect Options button ::
- all options and tabs Grayed out [Autoformat; SmartTags; Autoformat as you
type; Math Autocorrect]
- Autocorrect grayed out except for Repalce etxt as you type.

From: Patrick Schmid [MVP] on
If you click on the Office button and then Editor Options, and go into
Proofing, are the proofing features switched on?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

From: Mark_XKR on
Hi Patrick
Thanks for your reply.

The Office button is only available when I select a new message or when
reading a message. And the options shown do not incldue Editor Options.

In Outlook there is just the standard menu bar (no Office 2007 enhanced menu).

Is there a way to enhance the Outlook interafce to include the Office button?

From: Patrick Schmid [MVP] on
The ribbon only exists for Outlook items, not the main window of
Outlook. If you open a new message, click the Office button, then editor
options, then proofing, you should see what I was referring to.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

From: Mark_XKR on
Hi Patrick
OK - Clicked on Editor Options and this is where they are grayed out. The
bottom section of the proofing options titled 'When correcting spelling in
Outlook ' is all grayed out.

In that dialog if I click on the button 'Autocorreect Options' all options
and tabs are grayed out except for 'Replace text as you type'.

Is there a way to activate these options?