From: Ken on

--
Ken -- I am trying to load Outlook 2007 into my machine -- First Time. No
prior versions exist on the machine. During the Configuring process I get
the following error message: 'The connection to Microsoft Exchange is
unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.'
What am I doing wrong?
I am using Windows 7
I have reloaded Outlook 2007 --several times.
I have confirmed that the computer is online during this process.
From: Orland, Kathleen on
Do you actually connect to an Exchange server to get your mail? If not, go
into the Control Panel and use the Mail Applet to delete the Exchange
account and set up your POP3/IMAP etc. mail account as desired.

--

Kathleen Orland
Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon

From: VanguardLH on
Ken wrote:

<blank body>

> --
<signature>

Everything after the sigdash delimiter line ("-- \n") is your signature.
You put the sigdash delimiter at the top of your post. That means
everything in its body is the signature. Signatures may be stripped out by
some newsreaders. There is only the start-of-signature delimiter. There is
no end-of-signature delimiter. Logically (and what some users will see) you
submitted a blank post because nothing was before your signature.

> During the Configuring process I get the following error message: 'The
> connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online
> or connected to complete this action.'

So are you actually connecting Outlook to an Exchange mail server? If not,
why did you create an Exchange account in Outlook? If not using Exchange,
see Kathy's reply.

If you are using Exchange as your mail server, look under the File menu (or
whatever is OL2007's ribbon equivalent) to check if Outlook was put offline.
Toggle that option to put Outlook in online mode.