From: Tony Wybrow Tony on
I run Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 just quit working. The error message is:
Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.
From: Jamie Johnson on
I have had a similar problem because I keep my pst file on a network share so
I can use it with my roaming profile, and sometimes the network share goes
awol....

To reset the outlook window run 'outlook.exe /resetnavpane' at the command
prompt.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Open outlook with the /resetnavpane switch:

Close Outlook. At the Start search field on Vista or Windows7 Start menu or
in the Start menu, Run command (Windows key + R), type

outlook.exe /resetnavpane

Then press Enter (or OK button) to restart Outlook.

Note: Make sure there is a space between the words.

For more information, see
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/cant_start_outlook.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: DL on
Network share; That's unsupported by MS and is a recipe for disaster