From: iggispopis on
Hi, I have a problem with starting Outlook in normal mode. I am running Vista.
Thanks for help.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
pplication Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 11.0.8169.0
Application Timestamp: 465f28e3
Fault Module Name: mso.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.8172.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 46771b00
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00037fe0
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1051

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1051
Brand: Office11Crash
skulcid: 1051
From: VanguardLH on
iggispopis wrote:

> No, I can�t repre this issue in Safe Mode and I have no add-inns instaled.

If the error goes away when you run Outlook in its safe mode then the
problem is caused by an add-on. Outlook will only list the registered
add-ons. There are COM plug-ins used by Outlook that Outlook will not
list. Safe mode will eliminate both add-ons and COM plug-ins.

In Outlook, disable all add-ons that Outlook lists. This includes both
add-ons and what COM plug-ins it lists. Whether these are shown
together in one list or as separate add-on and plug-in lists depends on
the version of Outlook that you did not mention. From the error message
which states the version of Outlook is 11, I'm guessing that you are
using Outlook 2003 - and that shows add-ons and COM plug-ins as separate
lists under Tools -> Options -> Other tab -> Advanced Options. The
Add-in Manager lists the add-ons and the COM plug-ins list those types.
Typically all the add-ons will be listed; however, sometimes some of the
COM plug-ins are not listed.

If you run okay in Outlook's safe mode, you know that an add-on or COM
plug-in is the culprit. Then disable all the add-ons and COM plug-ins.
If Outlook runs okay in that mode then an unlisted COM plug-in is the
culprit. Since the plug-in isn't listed, you can't use Outlook to
disable it. Your best bet is to go to the Add/Remove Programs applet in
Control Panel and find all the extension programs listed for Outlook to
figure out which one to uninstall. Just make a list of them all,
uninstall them all, and retest. Then reinstall them one at a time until
the problem resurfaces.