From: Russ Valentine on
Correction: Gmail provides both POP and IMAP. It is not simply web based.
--
Russ Valentine

From: Russ Valentine on
Indeed. I missed the start of the thread and didn't realize the OP was
looking for a web based solution.
--
Russ Valentine

From: egertz on
Thanks for all the responses and information.

From: N. Miller on

What are you correcting? You said:

| Windows Vista and 7 include Windows Mail, which replaced Outlook Express ...

Which is not true, as the Windows 7, which comes in the retail box shipped
by Microsoft does not include any email client. Furthermore you state:

| Otherwise, I would recommend Google's Gmail.

The implication of which is that Gmail is an email client which can be used
in place of Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail. Gmail ***IS NOT*** an email
client, it is an email service.