From: luv2bike2 on
I really don't know if I am in the correct forum. the problem i am having is
both IE 8 and Outlook. If there is a forum that I should post this in please
advise. Thanks.

I have Windows 7, patched, IE8, Office 2007 patched. the problem started a
little over a week ago.

Problem:
After I reboot my computer I open up an IE8 window than I open up Outlook
(2007). I can go to webpages in IE8 and everything is fine. however OUtlook
will not download my email messages, Send/receive progress says the sending
message was successful however receiving was unsuccessful: Receiving reported
error (0x8004210a) the operation timed out waiting for a response from teh
receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact
your server administrator or ISP.

if i reboot and open up Outlook first my email messages will download
without any problems. I than open up IE 8 and my homepage will not appear and
if i try to go to another web page it does not go, after a while (say 5
minutes) i will get the screen saying if i want to diagnose the problem click
on the diagnose button. I reboot and go straight to IE8 and I can get to my
home page and open another window no problem but email will not download.

what i have done:
ran my antivirus program (f-secure from charter security suite)-- no virus
found
ran Malwarebytes program --- no problems found
ran ad-aware program--no problems found
ran Glary Utilites to clean temp files, clean registry etc..
system restore to April 1st and still have the problem. even though my
system restore is turned on i only had April 1st and April 5th restore
points, when i did the restore yesterday. today there is only one restore
point and that is yesterdays date with the one program that i uninstalled. I
believe there should be more than one restore point out there, with that i am
thinking something else is wrong with the system.
uninstalled 2 programs that i installed within the last 2 weeks and still
have the problem.
i am running out options and hope someone can help out.
Thank you in advance for any assistance with this issue.