From: wildgoosed on
Hey Lee,

On Nov 30, 6:55 am, "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d.
0.t c.0.m> wrote:
> "wildgoosed" <david.wildgo...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hey everyone, I have a question regarding Exchange 2007 OWA.
>
> > I have several users who have not changed their passwords and they
> > have expired. According to this technet article, OWA should allow them
> > to change their password if it is expired, yet it does not allow them
> > to login.
>
> >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb684904.aspx
>
> > These users access OWA outside the office and do not have access to
> > computers connected to our domain. Any idea how or if I can have OWA
> > allow them to login but forward them to the change password page?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> I think that for a user whose password has already expired, they will never
> be able to log into OWA in order to change the password, and must go
> directly to the IISADMPWD directory.  Or is this what you are already
> trying?

According to the follow article, the ISSADMPWD is exclusive to IIS6 in
Windows server 2003. We are running Windows Server 2008 IIS7.

From: wildgoosed on
I was reading the following article which covers the situation I'm
experiencing...

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/12/09/450238.aspx

Microsoft's answer is to use ISA server to allow users with expired
passwords to change their password? UGH :)

Is it possible to get IISADMPWD working with IIS 7 ?

From: Fuzzy Logic on
wildgoosed <david.wildgoose(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:9d38596a-c786-45e3-be89-
ac1e7a2b656d(a)g26g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

> Hey everyone, I have a question regarding Exchange 2007 OWA.
>
> I have several users who have not changed their passwords and they
> have expired. According to this technet article, OWA should allow them
> to change their password if it is expired, yet it does not allow them
> to login.
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb684904.aspx
>
> These users access OWA outside the office and do not have access to
> computers connected to our domain. Any idea how or if I can have OWA
> allow them to login but forward them to the change password page?
>
> Thanks!

Are they logging in to OWA with Domain\Username or just Username?

There are issues when the password is about to expire or has expired and you don't login with Domain
\Username

From: wildgoosed on
On Nov 30, 2:06 pm, Fuzzy Logic <b...(a)arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> wrote:
> wildgoosed <david.wildgo...(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:9d38596a-c786-45e3-be89-
> ac1e7a2b6...(a)g26g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Hey everyone, I have a question regarding Exchange 2007 OWA.
>
> > I have several users who have not changed their passwords and they
> > have expired. According to this technet article, OWA should allow them
> > to change their password if it is expired, yet it does not allow them
> > to login.
>
> >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb684904.aspx
>
> > These users access OWA outside the office and do not have access to
> > computers connected to our domain. Any idea how or if I can have OWA
> > allow them to login but forward them to the change password page?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> Are they logging in to OWA with Domain\Username or just Username?
>
> There are issues when the password is about to expire or has expired and you don't login with Domain
> \Username
Hey Fuzzy,

They are authenticating with just username. The next call I get
tonight regarding an expired password I will try having them login
with domain\username and report back.
From: wildgoosed on
On Nov 30, 2:54 pm, wildgoosed <david.wildgo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2:06 pm, Fuzzy Logic <b...(a)arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> wrote:
>

> > wildgoosed <david.wildgo...(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:9d38596a-c786-45e3-be89-
> > ac1e7a2b6...(a)g26g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:
>
> > > Hey everyone, I have a question regarding Exchange 2007 OWA.
>
> > > I have several users who have not changed their passwords and they
> > > have expired. According to this technet article, OWA should allow them
> > > to change their password if it is expired, yet it does not allow them
> > > to login.
>
> > >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb684904.aspx
>
> > > These users access OWA outside the office and do not have access to
> > > computers connected to our domain. Any idea how or if I can have OWA
> > > allow them to login but forward them to the change password page?
>
> > > Thanks!
>
> > Are they logging in to OWA with Domain\Username or just Username?
>
> > There are issues when the password is about to expire or has expired and you don't login with Domain
> > \Username
>
> Hey Fuzzy,
>
> They are authenticating with just username. The next call I get
> tonight regarding an expired password I will try having them login
> with domain\username and report back.

Hey Everyone,

I just had a user call me about their account password being expired.
I tried logging into OWA with domain\username and with his old
password but that didn't work.

Should OWA be forwarding my users to a password change form?

I was playing around with IISADMPWD today. I'm wondering if this is
the only way for my users to update their password when it expires?