From: fuserink on
My system: Vista SP2, Office 2007 w/Outlook 2007 SP2

I believe Outlook connector has caused problems with Outlook Search.
Oftentimes I have to search for numerous emails at one time in order to
efficiently manage them. I never had a problem until I installed Outlook
Connector (sometime last year when Hotmail was no longer accessible through
HTTP connection). With Outlook Connector installed, I had to rebuid the
Indexing of files many times but this was a temporary solution – 1 day. This
week I have removed Outlook Connector and the Outlook search is back to
normal. The search tool is an excellent feature of Outlook, finding ALL
emails within a given parameter. With Outlook Connector installed, seach was
only good within a day or two of emails, but I may have weeks or even months
of emails to search.

After weighing the options of having no hotmail account in order to have the
proper search tool verses having a Hotmail account, I decided to go with
Outlook search. I can always have other email accounts. So now the
consequence for me is what to do with my Hotmail account since I removed
Outlook Connector.

Has anyone had a similar problem and is there a solution? I would like to
keep my Hotmail free account if possible, but consolidation of all email
accounts is absolutely necessary.

Thanks for reading.