From: Gel on
Though I can see various posts on aol users having grief opening .doc
or .xls files when sent from Outlook 2003 in RTF format, I have
receipient who has same grief when I use html format!

He only sees any attachment as a dreaded winmail.dat.

This seems to be just a problem for some of my aol recipients not all
to add to puzzle;
advice valued..
From: M on
Hello:

The issue is not with the HTML formatting itself. It has to do with
Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF). The topic is bit confusing
because MS uses the term "Rich Text" to mean something else when it refers
to e-mail formatting. In MS e-mail terms, TNEF and Rich Text basically go
hand-in-hand.

Anyway, go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290809 and pick one of the
methods at the bottom to work around this issue. If you only have this issue
with some users, then I would make the change on a per-recipient basis as
the excerpt below mentions.

Per Recipient Change
In the Contacts Folder

Follow these steps to turn off TNEF:

1. Open the recipient's record in the Contacts folder.
2. Double-click the recipient's e-mail address.
3. Choose Send Plain Text only in the Internet Format box.

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/alwaysrtf.asp for solutions.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Gel on
On 18 Mar, 01:34, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> Seehttp://www.slipstick.com/problems/alwaysrtf.aspfor solutions.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-requ...(a)lists.outlooktips.net

> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda?http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=39473
>
> "Gel" <barclayho...(a)ukgateway.net> wrote in message

> > Though I can see various posts on aol users having grief opening .doc
> > or .xls files when sent from Outlook 2003 in RTF format, I have
> > receipient who has same grief when I use html format!
>
> > He only sees any attachment as a dreaded winmail.dat.
>
> > This seems to be just a problem for some of my aol recipients not all
> > to add to puzzle;
> > advice valued..- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for suggestions:
Yes it syncs via BES Server with my Blackberry