From: mark on
Hi, hoping someone can help me.
My inbox has been full, so when people have emailed me they have not come
through. I've since cleared my inbox and am receiving new emails. My question
- will I ever receive the emails sent during the time that the inbox was full
and bounced back to the sender???
From: VanguardLH on
mark wrote:

> Hi, hoping someone can help me.
> My inbox has been full, so when people have emailed me they have not come
> through. I've since cleared my inbox and am receiving new emails. My question
> - will I ever receive the emails sent during the time that the inbox was full
> and bounced back to the sender???

Nope. Their e-mails got REJECTED. They'll have to send them again.
From: Jan Besar on
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 23:46:01 -0700, mark
<mark(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, hoping someone can help me.
>My inbox has been full, so when people have emailed me they have not come
>through. I've since cleared my inbox and am receiving new emails. My question
>- will I ever receive the emails sent during the time that the inbox was full
>and bounced back to the sender???

No you won't.
Configure Outlook to delete the message from your account, when
received.
From: Augustine on
If your box was full, incoming messages would have been rejected, and a
Non-Delivery Reciept with error code 4.2.2 mailed to the sender.

However, most mail servers are configured to attempt resends after getting
4.2.2 response. For example, my server would attempt a resend every 10
minutes for the first half hour, every 15 minutes thereafter, and the final
attempts expiring two days later.

Assuming you cleaned your mailbox promptly, you will likely get some but not
all of your pending messages. If you delayed cleaning for several days, maybe
nothing.

--
Pax

Augustine