From: p byers on
I once used some script in a Classic Active Server Page that instantly
sent a message to the client saying something like:

"Please wait - this will take a while"

Then when the processing was complete, the results overwrote that
message.

Please remind me how to do it

Pete (Northolt UK)

From: Evertjan. on
p byers wrote on 20 dec 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I once used some script in a Classic Active Server Page that instantly
> sent a message to the client saying something like:
>
> "Please wait - this will take a while"
>

> Then when the processing was complete, the results overwrote that
> message.
>

> Please remind me how to do it

You cannot send messages to the client,
the client haas to ask for information.

Such servitude is the plight a server.

However the client page can use Ajax like techniques to ask,
using clientside code and ask this asp page:

<%
response.expires = -100
if session("buzy") then
response.write "Please wait - this will take a while"
end if
%>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Tim Slattery on
p byers <pb(a)sst-ltd.co.uk> wrote:

>I once used some script in a Classic Active Server Page that instantly
>sent a message to the client saying something like:
>
>"Please wait - this will take a while"
>
>Then when the processing was complete, the results overwrote that
>message.
>
>Please remind me how to do it

Response.Buffer=false

Causes anything generated by the ASP page code to be immediately sent
to the client, instead of being held until the entire page has been
created.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov