From: Paul on
In article <42baf31d$0$13306$9a6e19ea(a)unlimited.newshosting.com>,
<Negotiator> wrote:

> Thanks Paul!
> I've already tried seatools desktop, it says the drive is fine.
> I also tried updating from windows, nothing seems to make a
> different. Today I went to my vendor and got a new drive, and
> still I have the same problem.
>
> Any other suggestion? Could it be a defective mainboard?

OK. Where are you now ?

1) Running 1008.004 BIOS ?
2) Tried new drive on both SATA ports ?
3) Tried different SATA cables ?
4) System is not overclocked ?

What are the symptoms now ? Drive works but system locks up ?
Or you cannot access the drive at all ?

Have you tried installing Windows on the drive, to give
you a "fresh start" ?

It could be a defective motherboard. But if that is the
case, why is the Seatools test passing ?

Paul