From: haku on
have a Dell Inspiron 700m and after I installed WinXP SP2 I noticed
the flash message "Loading PBR for descriptor 4...done" to the screen
right before the WinXP boot login logo. Does PBR have something to
do
with the primary boot record?

From: S.Lewis on

"haku" <BaiHaiying(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> have a Dell Inspiron 700m and after I installed WinXP SP2 I noticed
> the flash message "Loading PBR for descriptor 4...done" to the screen
> right before the WinXP boot login logo. Does PBR have something to
> do
> with the primary boot record?

Yes.

The original drive was partitioned something like this

1) Dell utility partition
2) Boot partition/Windows
*Media Direct partition, if applicable
3) Hidden image restore partition

Go into control panel/administrative tools/computer management/disk
management and you can view the partititions GUI and get a better idea of
how the drive is set up.

From: haku on
On 10 25 , 7:29, "S.Lewis" <stew1...(a)mail.com> wrote:
> "haku" <BaiHaiy...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > have a Dell Inspiron 700m and after I installed WinXP SP2 I noticed
> > the flash message "Loading PBR for descriptor 4...done" to the screen
> > right before the WinXP boot login logo. Does PBR have something to
> > do
> > with the primary boot record?
>
> Yes.
>
> The original drive was partitioned something like this
>
> 1) Dell utility partition
> 2) Boot partition/Windows
> *Media Direct partition, if applicable
> 3) Hidden image restore partition
>
> Go into control panel/administrative tools/computer management/disk
> management and you can view the partititions GUI and get a better idea of
> how the drive is set up.

Thank you very much :-).