From: Arty on
During startup a dialog box pops up saying "Error reading
TrayIcon1>visible:Cannot Create System Shell Notification Icon". Motherboard
is P5WD2 Premium with WindowsXP. System had worked perfectly since assembly
in November, 05. Deleted program and attempted to install latest version of
PC Probe II, but installation failed with message: "Error: Fail to Install
IO Driver". Have switched back to Probe program which came with motherboard,
but the TrayIcon warning dialog box comes up again during startup.
Appreciate any ideas...and thanks.

From: JohnG on
Hi Arty:

I had intermittent problems with PC Probe on my P4C800E and switched to
Motherboard Monitor. Seems to work nicely and optionally displays the
temperatures in your system tray.

http://www.3degs.net/index.php?page=webfile&dsn1=nav_webfiles&file=9

From: Arty on
Thanks for the idea, John. I've downloaded the program file, and will use it
if no one comes up with a good idea about PC Probe II. I can build around
the problem by taking the Probe II program out of the startup. If I start
the program AFTER windows has booted up, the Probe II program works
ok....that is, no dialog box pops up with an error message. Let's see if
anyone has ideas about Probe II.

From: ~hy~ on

Arty 寫é??ï¼?

> Thanks for the idea, John. I've downloaded the program file, and will use it
> if no one comes up with a good idea about PC Probe II. I can build around
> the problem by taking the Probe II program out of the startup. If I start
> the program AFTER windows has booted up, the Probe II program works
> ok....that is, no dialog box pops up with an error message. Let's see if
> anyone has ideas about Probe II.
>

> "JohnG" <johngreenwood46(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Arty:
> >
> > I had intermittent problems with PC Probe on my P4C800E and switched to
> > Motherboard Monitor. Seems to work nicely and optionally displays the
> > temperatures in your system tray.
> >
> > http://www.3degs.net/index.php?page=webfile&dsn1=nav_webfiles&file=9

hi,
I am using Asus A8R-MVP Deluxe, I also had problem when installing PC
ProbeII and get "Fail to install IO Driver".
When I delete the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AsIO.sys, I can install
PC ProbeII and no more warning. I beleive there may have some conflict
with the AsIO.sys and PC ProbeII.