From: littlegreenmen on
I've tried posting my problem in the Adobe forum, but have not received much
help (the macromedia forum has always seemed to be more helpful and
responsive), and I'm really hoping someone here can help me out. I created
some pdfs with acrobat professional 7 on a mac. they are 2 pages long. the
first page has some pictures and the 2nd page is just text. the pdfs were
created from 2 png files (1 png file per page). I can view the pdf just fine
locally from a computer. I uploaded them to a pdf folder on my website. I
created links to the pdfs. The links work great. They go right to the correct
pdf like the should. They even open in a new window like they should. My
problem is two-fold. About half the time opening from the website crashes my
browser (either IE or Firefox on windwos XP; the links work great in Safari
running on OS X 10.4). I've tried using Adobe reader 6 and 7 and get the same
error with each. (sometimes I get the following error message from acrobat
reader 'The instruction at ?0x2d828acd? referenced memory at ?0x00000008?. The
memory could not be ?read?.'). The other half of the time it doesn't crash but
it will only display the 2nd page (the pure text page). If i go back and
reopen the pdf sometimes it works, other times if i click on page 2 then back
to page 1 of the pdf it will display correctly. I thought I wasn't giving it
enough time to load so I let it sit for about 5 or 6 minutes which is plenty of
time for a 700k file. I am able to view other pdfs from other websites just
fine. Is there something in Dreamweaver, some kind of code that I need to have
so the pdfs will display properly? I thought it was just a link and as long as
the pdf file was working it would display properly. I have looked on
Macromedia's forum, Adobe's forum, and google and haven't had any luck. Any
help on resolving my dilema would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

From: Win Day on
On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 04:46:47 +0000 (UTC), "littlegreenmen"
<webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote:

>I've tried posting my problem in the Adobe forum, but have not received much
>help (the macromedia forum has always seemed to be more helpful and
>responsive), and I'm really hoping someone here can help me out. I created
>some pdfs with acrobat professional 7 on a mac. they are 2 pages long. the
>first page has some pictures and the 2nd page is just text. the pdfs were
>created from 2 png files (1 png file per page). I can view the pdf just fine
>locally from a computer. I uploaded them to a pdf folder on my website. I
>created links to the pdfs. The links work great. They go right to the correct
>pdf like the should. They even open in a new window like they should. My
>problem is two-fold. About half the time opening from the website crashes my
>browser (either IE or Firefox on windwos XP; the links work great in Safari
>running on OS X 10.4). I've tried using Adobe reader 6 and 7 and get the same
>error with each. (sometimes I get the following error message from acrobat
>reader 'The instruction at ?0x2d828acd? referenced memory at ?0x00000008?. The
>memory could not be ?read?.'). The other half of the time it doesn't crash but
>it will only display the 2nd page (the pure text page). If i go back and
>reopen the pdf sometimes it works, other times if i click on page 2 then back
>to page 1 of the pdf it will display correctly. I thought I wasn't giving it
>enough time to load so I let it sit for about 5 or 6 minutes which is plenty of
>time for a 700k file. I am able to view other pdfs from other websites just
>fine. Is there something in Dreamweaver, some kind of code that I need to have
>so the pdfs will display properly? I thought it was just a link and as long as
>the pdf file was working it would display properly. I have looked on
>Macromedia's forum, Adobe's forum, and google and haven't had any luck. Any
>help on resolving my dilema would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sounds more like a problem within the PDF. Want to give us a URL so
we can take a look?

Win
--
Win Day, Wild Rose Websites
http://www.wildrosewebsites.com
From: John Waller on
A URL is worth 1,000 words of explanation :-)

Have you got a URL?

--
Regards

John Waller

From: littlegreenmen on
sure. the url for the pdfs is http://www.smithsbetterbuilt.com/pdfs thank you for the help.
From: Win Day on
On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 15:59:22 +0000 (UTC), "littlegreenmen"
<webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote:

>sure. the url for the pdfs is http://www.smithsbetterbuilt.com/pdfs thank you for the help.

The first one on the list froze Acrobat and FireFox. I think the PDF
file itself is corrupt - how did you create these?

Win
--
Win Day, Wild Rose Websites
http://www.wildrosewebsites.com