From: Philippe Mermod on
Hi VO and SCC (VSS) users,

Updated version of PKL SCC Manager available !

Changes, instructions and download are available at
http://www.pkl.ch/dev/

All feedbacks are welcome !

--
Phil Mermod
Crystal Reports Library for Visual Objects
From: Geoff Schaller on
Very nice!

One small suggestion though. Once a 'get latest' is done, I think you
should delete that item from the treeview. So if I have ticked them all
(a very nice feature) and press the button, nothing will be left. You
can even remove the root item if there are no aef's because there is no
point it being there. The tree view icons are great. I also think that
if you have ticked the first and last options and also get latest as the
treeview is to be built, I would suggest that it would then only show
the checked out modules.

A cosmetic suggestion. Can you move your legend items a little further
to the left please?
A cosmetic suggestion. Pressing the STOP should just stop - there is no
reason to ask. No-one accidentally presses such a button and it doesn't
matter if they do.
A cosmetic suggestion. The tick for auto get latest should self-untick
once the operation is complete.
An enhancement request. Using it quite a bit I find I always have to do
two runs: changes and checkouts. Can I have another tick which combines
the first two check boxes? (or just do it). I would contend that most
people would want to know both things all the time anyway.

Now a bug. If I filter on checked out modules and only applications
containing modules, no filtering takes place. I get all modules of all
aef's. It works correctly for changed modules.

But gee... for anyone using VSS this is a great adjunct. My boys are
using this already! They no longer ring me to ask if there are modules
to import, they now just run this tool.

Great stuff.

Geoff

From: Philippe Mermod on
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your feedback.

Below my answers :

- Suggestion applied in the new version

- Concerning the question when you press the stop button, it's
useful if you want to "get latest version" but finally decide to
continue the process

- For the tick "auto get latest version", it seems better to let
it checked : some users just use this app to get latest and this
option is stored in Registry and read when you restart the app.

- For the enhancement, just tick both checkboxes !

- Bug resolved

Changelog and wew version 1.4.1 ready for download at
http://www.pkl.ch/dev/

From: Geoff Schaller on
<g>

Seems to me that if you press stop, you want to stop so why ask the
question? It is easy enough to press the GO button again if you need to.

But thanks for the enhancements. I'll get my guys to play with it for a
few days.

Cheers,

From: Philippe Mermod on
Hi Geoff,

In a way you're right, in the other I give you an example : when
you install something with a setup, you have a cancel button :
when you click on it, a question is displayed "Are you
sure....?" As this process is long, I prefer to ask to not be
forced to restart a potential long process :-)

Thanks for your future feedback.