From: chris on
rousseau wrote:
> Chris Davies wrote:
>> And what's the relevance to this newsgroup?
>
> Because it's even worse with Linux. It won't work unless you get your
> browser to pretend its IE, and even then it's barely legible.
>
> There's even a possible hint in the URL:
> https://www.pofssavecredit.co.uk/Post/Login_ie.html

"This website is best viewed on Internet Explorer version 5.3 or above"

Any website that suggests using such an *old* browser is not worth
dealing with - especially not a financial website. God knows what the
rest of their security set up is like. Run away, fast!
From: Daniel James on
In article news:<cqp716x8lr.ln2(a)news.roaima.co.uk>, Chris Davies wrote:
> Thank you for elucidating me/us.

He didn't elucidate you, he elucidated the subject of the thread.

Elucidate (v) : make (something) lucid or clear; throw light
upon (something).

... unless, of course, you ARE the Post Office's online banking portal?

Cheers,
Daniel.

From: Chris Davies on
Daniel James <wastebasket(a)nospam.aaisp.org> wrote:
> He didn't elucidate you, he elucidated the subject of the thread.

Yes. I meant "enlightening" but the wrong word escaped from my fingers.
From: Daniel James on
In article news:<rdfa16x6df.ln2(a)news.roaima.co.uk>, Chris Davies wrote:
> Yes. I meant "enlightening" but the wrong word escaped from my fingers.

Ah, yes. That happens to the best of us.

Cheers,
Daniel.

From: Martin Gregorie on
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:29:40 +0000, roger419rabbit wrote:

> I agree totally, while i use a logitech keybaord, i have a M$ branded
> optical inteli-mouse, its possably the best mouse i have ever used and i
> would buy one agian if this one broke

The old original white M$ mice were the best mechanical mice I've used,
but the Logitech optical Wheelmouse has it beat.

Keyboards? Give me the big old clacky IBM PC-AT ones any day. I like the
wide key spacing and the tactile feedback.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK