From: Doug on
EXPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN VIEWING THE POWERPOINT AT A SCREEN RESOLUTION GREATER THAN DVD (720*480). FOR EXAMPLE, I HAVE A SCREEN 1920*1080 AND MY POWERPOINTS LOOK GREAT. MY POWERPOINT EVEN LOOKS GREAT AT 800 BY 600. BUT WHEN I CONVERT IT TO DVD, THE QUALITY OF MY PRESENTATION IS DEGRADED GREATLY. THIS IS BECUASE OF THE LOW QUALITY OF A DVD. WE HAVE BEEN MISLED TO BELEIVING A DVD IS GREAT QUALITY ALL ALONG. DVD IS GREAT QUALITY NEXT TO A ANALOG TV OR THE STANDARD TV DEFINITION OF 10 YEARS AGO (YEAR 2000). YES DVD(20+ YEARS OLD TECHNOLOGY) IS GREAT NEXT TO VHS(30 YEAR TECHNOLOGY) BUT NEXT TO A MONITOR WHICH HAS A 800*600 OR GREATER SCREEN OR A TV WHICH HAS HD OR 1080P HD. DVD QUALITY SUCKS. DVD TECHNOLOGY IS OLD AND ANY COMPUTER WHICH HAS BEEN MADE IN THE LAST 5 YEARS HAS A SCREEN RESOLUTION WHICH IS 2X BETTER THAN DVD TECHNOLOGY.

the entire research article in on my website

please reference my website for more information
http://douglubey.com/BurnPowerPointToDvdMpeg2CreatesPixeledText.aspx

doug lubey of louisiana
www.douglubey.com

seach reference:
video on dvd is blurry after rendering
text becomes pixeled when burning to dvd
text becomes pixelated when burning to dvd
my video looses quality when burned to a dvd
burn wmv file to dvd mpeg2 format
what about mpeg4 format dimensions
HOW CAN I BURN A HD DVD 2010
DVD FORMAT PROGRESSIVE DEFINED
print screens look bad when burned to a dvd
print screens in dvd video looks terrible
powerpoint becomes blurry when burned to dvd
powerpoint looks horrible after ripped to dvd

bubblepps wrote:

Re: PowerPoint DVD Output
09-Jan-08

Hi Don:

You can use powerpoint to dvd conversion tools, there are many out
there, like wondershare PPT2DVD. You can learn more about burning
powerpoint onto DVD from this article:
http://www.ppt-to-dvd.com/blog/2007/12/11/5-methods-to-save-powerpoint-onto-dvd
Here is another article that introduces some famous tools for
converting powerpoint to dvd:
http://www.askdavetaylor.com/can_i_create_powerpoint_slides_on_my_pc_and_play_them_on_a_dvd_player.html

good luck!

On Monday, January 07, 2008 8:10 PM
Do wrote:

PowerPoint DVD Output
I have been learning the use of PowerPoint 2007 and impressed with the many
capabilities available to create a slideshow. Since I wish to display the
finished product on TV sets, I want to burn the product to a DVD. From what I
have seen/read so far, there are no provisions to do so. Am I missing
something? Or, if not, is there a work-around way to make a DVD with
PowerPoint?
--
Don

On Monday, January 07, 2008 9:36 PM
LucyThomso wrote:

Hi DonYou are right, there is nothing within powerpoint itself that will allow
Hi Don

You are right, there is nothing within powerpoint itself that will allow you
to save to a format that plays on a DVD player. There are several options for
converting files - which will suit you depends on the presentation.

Convert presentations to VHS or DVD video
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm

Lucy
--
PowerPoint MVP
MOS Master Instructor

"Don" wrote:

On Tuesday, January 08, 2008 2:07 AM
Ute Simon wrote:

If you don't need animations, you can save the slides as JPG images.
If you don't need animations, you can save the slides as JPG images. DVD
players normally have a photoshow option to display these. If you need
movement, stick to the article Lucy cited. In that case you will need an
additional program.

An additional tipp: Test your slide design on a TV screen at an early stage.
TVs don't display pure red and small patterns very well, text might get
blurry, etc.

Best regards,
Ute

--
Ute Simon
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Team und PowerPoint-User-Team
"Don" <Don(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

On Tuesday, January 08, 2008 2:37 AM
john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk wrote:

You are also about to be bombarded by people with dubious maketing methods
You are also about to be bombarded by people with dubious maketing methods
offering (not free) solutions.

All I would say is check them out carefully before parting with any cash!
--
Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
http://www.technologytrish.co.uk
email john AT technologytrish.co.uk

"Don" wrote:

On Tuesday, January 08, 2008 3:53 AM
Telstar wrote:

This is a most important, and urgent point.
This is a most important, and urgent point. Powerpoints can look great on
computer output and absolutely UNREADABLE very easily on a DVD video.

On Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:32 AM
HunterBruster wrote:

Re: PowerPoint DVD Output
On Jan 8, 9:10=A0am, Don <D...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
t I

Hi Don:

There are many methods to save powerpoint presentations onto DVD for
playing on DVD machine. You can read this article for the detailes:
http://www.ppt-to-dvd.com/blog/2007/12/11/5-methods-to-save-powerpoint-onto-=
dvd/
Here is another aricle that introduces some famous tools to convert
powerpoint presentations to dvd:
http://www.askdavetaylor.com/can_i_create_powerpoint_slides_on_my_pc_and_pla=
y_them_on_a_dvd_player.html

On Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:32 AM
bubblepps wrote:

Re: PowerPoint DVD Output
Hi Don:

You can use powerpoint to dvd conversion tools, there are many out
there, like wondershare PPT2DVD. You can learn more about burning
powerpoint onto DVD from this article:
http://www.ppt-to-dvd.com/blog/2007/12/11/5-methods-to-save-powerpoint-onto-dvd
Here is another article that introduces some famous tools for
converting powerpoint to dvd:
http://www.askdavetaylor.com/can_i_create_powerpoint_slides_on_my_pc_and_play_them_on_a_dvd_player.html

good luck!

WPF Report Engine, Part 4
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ac799db-385f-431a-8a45-8b37cb7f3186/wpf-report-engine-part-4.aspx
From: Gordon on

"Doug Lubey" wrote in message news:201053233124dlubey(a)safetylca.org...
> EXPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN VIEWING THE POWERPOINT

First of all please do NOT post in all capitals as it makes your post very
difficult to read.
Secondly you do realise that you are replying to a post that is over a YEAR
old?

From: Ute Simon on
Stop SHOUTING, and stop advertising!

Best regards,
Ute

From: Jaime on
It's clearly a "Cap Lock" problem, turn that off and all will be right with
the world.
--
James
Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."