From: Jim on
"First of One" <root(a)127.0.0.1> wrote
> Yep, ahead by about a year, until the PS2 came along.
Dreamcast games looked better than early PS2 games. Dreamcast had double
the VRAM so it didn't have use <640x480 and could do AA so it didn't have
nasty jaggies.

From: Jim on
With IBM out x86+Larrabee looks more likely than PoweVR. Intel can make an
offer Sony can't refuse.

From: Yousuf Khan on
Jim wrote:
> With IBM out x86+Larrabee looks more likely than PoweVR. Intel can make an
> offer Sony can't refuse.

Except that Larrabee isn't proven yet. PS4 can still go to a more
traditional regular PowerPC processor along with a traditional GPU,
making it more like the Xbox360.

Yousuf Khan
From: Jim on
"Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67(a)spammenot.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Except that Larrabee isn't proven yet.
The same could have been said of Cell. Without crazy Ken shooting for the
moon we can expect a "cheap" PS4. I'm not expecting much from Larrabee (its
just a supercharged PentiumMMX afterall) but with Intel's fab capacity it
should be cheap.
IBM is still on board the Cell train afterall so we can expect Cell to stay.

From: Benjamin Gawert on
* Jim:

> IBM is still on board the Cell train afterall so we can expect Cell to stay.

Nope, it isn't. IBM discontinues all Cell development. Cell is dead.

Benjamin
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: 5750 - Different cooling packaging
Next: which driver