From: tony cooper on
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:02:04 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-01-30 11:48:43 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:
>
>> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:31:02 -0800, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Well Peter, it seems that for all our efforts Chris doubts his ability
>>> to educate us with his "personal experience" of the the US Legal
>>> System, and his risky travels through the death traps that are found in
>>> cities "up and down California."
>>
>> Whoa, now! He didn't refer to "death traps". Had he done so, I
>> wouldn't have challenged him. I've driven in California, and there
>> *are* deathtraps aplenty. They are called "freeways".
>
>You will notice I did not place death traps in quotes.
>He certainly did not refer to death traps, however that was my
>hyperbolic description of his expression of the dangers he experienced
>personally in those cities "up and down California."
>
>Now, as to those freeways, they might have been death traps in the
>past, but in L.A. today what might kill you, is being trapped in
>gridlock on the 405, or 101 between 7AM and 9AM.
>
>...and we still wait. Oh well!
>It seems has shot himself in the foot with this current claim.
>
>Do you think he might be related to Walter Mitty in some way?

Maybe the shepherd boy in Aesop's "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". One day
he'll come up with something true and accurate, and no one will
believe him because he's lost too much credibility.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Twibil on
On Jan 30, 3:02 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> Do you think he might be related to Walter Mitty in some way?

Well, his camera makes "pocketa-pocketa" sounds...
From: Twibil on
On Jan 30, 2:19 pm, George Kerby <ghost_top...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Maybe we could get him together with the DSLR troll?
>
> THAT would produce some UGLY genetically imbalanced offspring.
>
> NOT a good idea...

Upon sober reflection, you mirror my thoughts.

I picture enthusiastic Palin supporters in full regalia. (Shudder)
From: Chris H on
In message <2010013015020429560-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> writes
>Do you think he might be related to Walter Mitty in some way?

Problem with that scenario is I have quite a high public profile and as
I post in newsgroups under my real name I can't afford to make things up
or fantasise. There are enough people (including in this NG) who know
me professionally in real life that, unlike some on this group who use
pseudonyms and fake ID's, if I go away from the truth I would loose
professional credibility. As it is my companies are going from strength
to strength.

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-01-31 03:42:08 -0800, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> said:

> In message <2010013015020429560-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> writes
>> Do you think he might be related to Walter Mitty in some way?
>
> Problem with that scenario is I have quite a high public profile and as
> I post in newsgroups under my real name I can't afford to make things up
> or fantasise. There are enough people (including in this NG) who know
> me professionally in real life that, unlike some on this group who use
> pseudonyms and fake ID's, if I go away from the truth I would loose
> professional credibility. As it is my companies are going from strength
> to strength.

....and yet you continue to demonstrate how evasive you are by not
simply answering the request to detail your "personal experience" with
the US Legal System. This is your claim and you have been unable to
support it. Many of those people who know you professionally, who have
read this thread must be scratching their heads wondering if you have
lost yours.

You have made derisive remarks regarding the US Legal System. You tell
us your opinion is based on "personal experience" and you provide no
evidence of that experience. What you have stated is founded in
anti-US, and anti-US armed services remarks based on hearsay, and media
opinion. None of this details in anyway your "personal experience" with
the US Legal System.

The same applies to your remark regarding your "personal experience" of
the dangers of cities "up and down California."

If as you say you are posting in these newsgroups under your real name
(and certainly some do) you have already demonstrated to any of your
clients your ability to undermine your credibility, professional or
otherwise.
Naturally many who use ordinary sounding names in the newsgroups are
also masking their identity as much, if not more effectively than those
of us who choose to use a nym.
There are many who have consistently used the same nym for years and
who are well known in these newsgroups, some ID's real names are well
known by many of the regulars.
In my case I chose to use a nym because of my profession. As I get
separated from that profession by retirement and time I will probably
retire my nym as well, and use my real name, or maybe an ordinary name
some may believe to be real. Having said that, there are some here who
are aware of my real name, so that would be a bit silly.

As for your credibility regarding your "personal experience" of the US
Legal system, it appears to be damaged.

Hearsay is not evidence. A well spun yarn would have been better.

--
Regards,

Savageduck