From: Bruce on
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:20:49 -0500, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:

>BTW, surprise, "Bruce" turned down my offer

That's because it was an insult. ;-)

From: Paul Furman on
Bowser wrote:
> I have one idea: Facescape-find a face with a lot of character and
> shoot it in excrutiating detail, up cose. No points for beauty, lots
> of points for character.

Sounds good though no need to eliminate beautiful, any face closeup is a
challenge.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

From: RichA on
On Jan 19, 11:20 am, Bowser <Ca...(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:
> I have one idea: Facescape-find a face with a lot of character and
> shoot it in excrutiating detail, up cose. No points for beauty, lots
> of points for character.
>
> Any other ideas?

Shoot something that way, then with the usual soft-filtering and
manipulation and ask people which they prefer. Every so often, one of
the print mags shoots someone with the method you describe. They
usually choose someone with a face like you mention, usually older.
It can be striking.
From: Chrlz on
On Jan 20, 3:16 am, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:20:49 -0500, Bowser <Ca...(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:
>
> >BTW, surprise, "Bruce" turned down my offer
>
> That's because it was an insult.  ;-)

For anyone who hasn't yet picked up on it - Bruce is Tony Polson. I
understand Tony has some history regarding the SI and usenet
participation in general.

From: Atheist Chaplain on
Actually I have wanted to do something like this for ages so I might
actually make the time to try this one.
I was away for the last one on holidays and I didn't get time to put the 50
on the camera at all, but then thems the breaks.
I even have a subject in mind :-)

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]