From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:43:23 -0500, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:

>OK, I rushed them, and didn't include any comments, but I'll get to
>that later on. For now, take a look at the shots submitted by those
>shooters who actually take pictures and participate:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/468_degrees
>
>Let the flames fly!

Since comments were not included, I'll explain mine:

"APCH" is an exterior shot of part of Arnold Palmer Children's
Hospital. One of the few architectural shots I've ever done. My
camera club's mandate for last month was "Abstract". Had this shot
been done in time for this, I might have entered it.

"Cow Barn" is a subject that I shot last summer, but processed in
color. I went back yesterday and re-shot it for the mandate. I'm on
a black & white kick, so I went for that in this shot and deliberately
over-sharpened for effect. No filters (in camera or in software) were
used...just the Unsharp Mask set to 240 and a lot of Contrast.

"Waiting for Amtrak" was taken inside the Orlando train station. I've
been doing mostly "street" or "urban" photography lately and
concentrating on people. This type of photograph seems to work better
in black and white. I didn't like the NBC sports logo, but it didn't
seem honest to clone it out.

I'll comment on the rest later, but I did have to laugh when I saw
those other photographs of railroad stations. You'd think the mandate
was "46.8 and railroad stations".

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Bowser on
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:19:52 -0500, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:43:23 -0500, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:
>
>>OK, I rushed them, and didn't include any comments, but I'll get to
>>that later on. For now, take a look at the shots submitted by those
>>shooters who actually take pictures and participate:
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/468_degrees
>>
>>Let the flames fly!
>
>Since comments were not included, I'll explain mine:
>
>"APCH" is an exterior shot of part of Arnold Palmer Children's
>Hospital. One of the few architectural shots I've ever done. My
>camera club's mandate for last month was "Abstract". Had this shot
>been done in time for this, I might have entered it.

My favorite of the bunch, too...

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-01-18 11:43:23 -0800, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> said:

> OK, I rushed them, and didn't include any comments, but I'll get to
> that later on. For now, take a look at the shots submitted by those
> shooters who actually take pictures and participate:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/468_degrees
>
> Let the flames fly!

Some how or another, that didn't turn out too bad.

My main observation is, that for those of us who were using cropped
sensors, there might have been some confusion regarding 50 mm, or 46.8
degrees.
I used my 35 mm f2.0 on my D70 (I await the arrival of the replacement
D300s) which gave me a FF 52 mm equivalent (close enough I guess.)

I like Paul's garden and the overgrown driveway, both seem inviting.

Calvin's fencers works well for me, I like the perspective and the action.

At least we all made the effort to get something out there.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-01-18 12:19:52 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:

> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:43:23 -0500, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:
>
>> OK, I rushed them, and didn't include any comments, but I'll get to
>> that later on. For now, take a look at the shots submitted by those
>> shooters who actually take pictures and participate:
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/468_degrees
>>
>> Let the flames fly!
>
> Since comments were not included, I'll explain mine:
>
> "APCH" is an exterior shot of part of Arnold Palmer Children's
> Hospital. One of the few architectural shots I've ever done. My
> camera club's mandate for last month was "Abstract". Had this shot
> been done in time for this, I might have entered it.
>
> "Cow Barn" is a subject that I shot last summer, but processed in
> color. I went back yesterday and re-shot it for the mandate. I'm on
> a black & white kick, so I went for that in this shot and deliberately
> over-sharpened for effect. No filters (in camera or in software) were
> used...just the Unsharp Mask set to 240 and a lot of Contrast.
>
> "Waiting for Amtrak" was taken inside the Orlando train station. I've
> been doing mostly "street" or "urban" photography lately and
> concentrating on people. This type of photograph seems to work better
> in black and white. I didn't like the NBC sports logo, but it didn't
> seem honest to clone it out.
>
> I'll comment on the rest later, but I did have to laugh when I saw
> those other photographs of railroad stations. You'd think the mandate
> was "46.8 and railroad stations".

It seems we had the railroad station thing going for this SI.

In my case I was just trying to think of what might work for this mandate.

Since you are on a BW kick I thought you might find this from the same
shoot interesting.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSC_1145b-w.jpg

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Robert Coe on
:
: >OK, I rushed them, and didn't include any comments, but I'll get to
: >that later on. For now, take a look at the shots submitted by those
: >shooters who actually take pictures and participate:
: >
: > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/468_degrees
: >
: >Let the flames fly!
:
: Since comments were not included, I'll explain mine:
:
: "APCH" is an exterior shot of part of Arnold Palmer Children's
: Hospital. One of the few architectural shots I've ever done. My
: camera club's mandate for last month was "Abstract". Had this shot
: been done in time for this, I might have entered it. ...

You might have won; that's a damned fine picture.

My two are Massachusetts landscapes: the Sudbury River at sunrise in the town
of Concord and Old Silver Beach on Buzzards Bay in Falmouth.

: I'll comment on the rest later, but I did have to laugh when I saw
: those other photographs of railroad stations. You'd think the mandate
: was "46.8 and railroad stations".

That's fine with me. I like railroad stations. :^)

Bob