From: Peter on
"Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 07:28:59 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> : On 2010-01-20 05:39:25 -0800, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net>
> said:
> :
> : > "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
> : > news:201001192152248930-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom...
> : >> On 2010-01-19 20:57:26 -0800, tony cooper
> <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:
> : >>
> : >
> : >>
> : >> I think you have put your finger on my problem for this shoot. ( I
> much
> : >> prefer the cropped B&W effort) That, and I have been trying to build
> up
> : >> some enthusiasm after loosing the D300. Anyway the old D70 did just
> : >> fine, and the good news is FedEx delivered a box of Nikon goodies
> this
> : >> morning. The new D300s is raring to go.
> : >> I need to plan a trip!
> : >
> : >
> : > Are you going to South Africa again? <g>
> :
> : Not anytime in 2010! !
> : The vultures are gathering for World Cup 2010. Air fares between Europe
> : and South Africa have been bumped, and domestic air fares in South
> : Africa are going to be up around 250%, some have already been
> : announced. For example a round trip between Cape Town & Johannesburg at
> : the height of the tournament, have been announced at levels higher than
> : a round trip between SA and London! British Air, Air France, Lufthansa
> : & South african Airways have all announced fare increases for the 90
> : days on either side of the actual World cup tournament.
> : There is going to be much robbery which has nothing to do with the type
> : of criminals who took my D300.
> :
> : What I have been thinking of is a road trip up the North Fork of the
> : Feather River, following the old Union Pacific route. Then down the
> : Eastern Sierras to Death Valley, (maybe extend over to Zion NP.)
> : That I think will give me some different photo ops.
>
> This year I have to go to Acadia National Park. My wife and I have now
> been
> married for 43 years, and she's been reminding me that she's never been
> there
> for as long as I can remember. I'll expect a mandate for rugged seascapes
> sometime this summer.

We went there about 30 years ago. Two years ago I spent a day there. Perfect
tourist weather. Calm, clear sunny skies, no wind, the ocean was like a
lake. No water action at all. If you catch the tides right there is a spot
called "Thunder hole." Lots of action around there. Unfortunately, I was
unable to catch the right tide. :-( I hope to try again either in the late
Spring or early Fall. It is much too crowded in the Summer

--
Peter

From: Robert Coe on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:38:09 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:
: On 1/20/10 PDT 6:30 PM, Paul Furman wrote:
: > Robert Coe wrote:
: >> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:44:28 -0800, Savageduck
:
: >> I'd add Bryca and Cedar Breaks N.M. to that list. The latter is
: >> surprisingly photogenic, particularly just before sunset. Over our
: >> fireplace hangs a pointing my wife did from a photograph she took
: ?? there on our honeymoon.
:
: Was it needle pointed?

Oil on canvas. ;^)
<ulp!> Now I see the typo! Touch�!!

Cedar Breaks is nothing like Bryce. It's a narrow V-shaped canyon that opens
down towards the town of St George. All red and yellow sandstone and pine
trees, best viewed in late afternoon. I've seen a lot of the West, and I still
think CB is one of its most beautiful spots. We went back in 1972, when our
kids were five and three. I expected to be disappointed, because I was sure
that Martha's painting exaggerated the colors. I was wrong; it was just as she
had recorded it.

: > Bryce Canyon & Cedar Break National Monument, Utah. Bryce is
: > spectacular, hard not to shoot cliche but what the hell <g>. All that
: > southern Utah, Northern Arizona region is amazing, and all The West as
: > far as I'm concerned.
:
: We are blessed way out West.
: And yet few of us call the Wind Mariah.

"Before I knew Mariah's name or heard her mournful whinin',
I had a girl, and she had me; the sun was always shinin'!"

Bob
From: Robert Coe on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:43:04 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:
: On 1/20/10 PDT 7:35 PM, tony cooper wrote:
: > On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:25:56 -0500, Robert Coe<bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:
: >
: >> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:57:26 -0500, tony cooper<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net>
: >> wrote:
: >> :
: >> : Bob Coe � The trees reflected in the lake is a lovely shot. Bob sees
: >> : good shots.
: >>
: >> Thanks!
: >>
: >> : That thick horizontal blue line at the horizon bothers me in the beach
: >> : scene. It makes the photo look like two photos pasted together.
: >>
: >> That thick horizontal blue line is the main body of Cape Cod. (You're looking
: >> roughly northwest across Buzzards Bay, with the Bourne Bridge out of the
: >> picture to the left. The spit with the house on it is much closer.) If you
: >> don't want it there, be patient: The Atlantic Ocean is relentlessly washing
: >> Cape Cod away, bit by bit.
: >>
: > No great loss, in my opinion. I once drove out to Cape Cod and
: > returned on a summer Sunday afternoon. The only positive thing I can
: > say about that trip was that I could leave my car in traffic, leave
: > the car to use the restroom in some local business, and return to my
: > car without the driver behind me getting concerned because my car
: > hadn't moved.
:
: So, don't do that! Go in the Fall..... a weekday perhaps several.

October is a superb time to visit the Cape.

Bob
From: Robert Coe on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:11:17 -0500, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net>
wrote:
: On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:55:53 -0500, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:
:
: >This year I have to go to Acadia National Park. My wife and I have now been
: >married for 43 years, and she's been reminding me that she's never been there
: >for as long as I can remember. I'll expect a mandate for rugged seascapes
: >sometime this summer.
: >
: My wife and I will celebrate 46 years of marriage later this year. I
: am trying to convince her that the forty-sixth anniversary is "glass".

!!!

Bob
From: Peter Huebner on
In article <lc3il5dhn1s4tbfs6oc1nsjjm2ke4qnuh0(a)4ax.com>, bob(a)1776.COM
says...
> ubject: Re: [SI] 46.8 degrees photos are available for viewing
> From: Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM>
> Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, rec.photo.equipment.35mm
>
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:38:09 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> : On 1/20/10 PDT 6:30 PM, Paul Furman wrote:
> : > Robert Coe wrote:
> : >> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:44:28 -0800, Savageduck
> :
> : >> I'd add Bryca and Cedar Breaks N.M. to that list. The latter is
> : >> surprisingly photogenic, particularly just before sunset. Over our
> : >> fireplace hangs a pointing my wife did from a photograph she took
> : ?? there on our honeymoon.
> :
> : Was it needle pointed?
>
> Oil on canvas. ;^)
> <ulp!> Now I see the typo! Touché!!

And here I was, thinking you were talking about pointillism!

http://www.fineartsurrey.com/siteowner/uploads/1511184370pointil.jpg

No, really, I did .... it's a style that would offer itself to some
landscapes.

-P.