From: tony cooper on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:42:57 -0500, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:57:34 -0500, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>: On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:29:23 +0100, Robert Spanjaard
>: <spamtrap(a)arumes.com> wrote:
>:
>: >On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:43:23 -0500, Bowser wrote:
>: >
>: >> OK, I rushed them, and didn't include any comments, but I'll get to that
>: >> later on. For now, take a look at the shots submitted by those shooters
>: >> who actually take pictures and participate:
>: >>
>: >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/468_degrees
>: >>
>: >> Let the flames fly!
>: >
>: >The best shot of the bunch, 46.8-Cooper-APCH.jpg, is shot at 72mm in 35mm
>: >equivalent. It's real focal length is 48mm, but that's without the crop
>: >factor.
>:
>: That's a flame that I can handle with equanimity. I assume that if
>: the shot will be disqualified for not meeting the rules requirement,
>: that I won't be receiving the large cash prize for "best shot of the
>: bunch". Damn.
>:
>: No matter. A generous Nigerian bank manager has informed me that an
>: even larger cash amount is available to me because he needs a
>: dependable person to take over the assets of a deceased intestate
>: client of his. Evidently, I have been recommended to him as a person
>: of good character.
>:
>: I would like to thank whoever it was that recommended me.
>
>It was I, Tony. But you may be overlooking an important condition: a certain
>amount of "earnest" money (enough, by coincidence, to effect the purchase of a
>7D and two or three additional lenses) must be deposited in my account at the
>East Bank of the Mississippi in Memphis, Tennessee before the specified cash
>amount can be rendered unto you. There are thieves and brigands out there, so
>we can't be too careful. I'm sure you'll understand.

Very understandable, and I will - of course - comply. In fact, I will
add a bit of sweetener to the deal. I will send you a certified check
on the 1st National Bank of Mombasa for roughly double the amount.
Please keep what you are owed plus 20% of the additional monies.
Forward the rest to my sister in cash. Unfortunately, due to a
misunderstanding resulting from her identity being stolen, she is
unable to cash a check or money order.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: tony cooper on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:55:53 -0500, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:

>This year I have to go to Acadia National Park. My wife and I have now been
>married for 43 years, and she's been reminding me that she's never been there
>for as long as I can remember. I'll expect a mandate for rugged seascapes
>sometime this summer.

My wife and I will celebrate 46 years of marriage later this year. I
am trying to convince her that the forty-sixth anniversary is "glass".
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Robert Coe on
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:57:26 -0500, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net>
wrote:
:
: Bob Coe � The trees reflected in the lake is a lovely shot. Bob sees
: good shots.

Thanks!

: That thick horizontal blue line at the horizon bothers me in the beach
: scene. It makes the photo look like two photos pasted together.

That thick horizontal blue line is the main body of Cape Cod. (You're looking
roughly northwest across Buzzards Bay, with the Bourne Bridge out of the
picture to the left. The spit with the house on it is much closer.) If you
don't want it there, be patient: The Atlantic Ocean is relentlessly washing
Cape Cod away, bit by bit.

Bob
From: tony cooper on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:25:56 -0500, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:57:26 -0500, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>:
>: Bob Coe � The trees reflected in the lake is a lovely shot. Bob sees
>: good shots.
>
>Thanks!
>
>: That thick horizontal blue line at the horizon bothers me in the beach
>: scene. It makes the photo look like two photos pasted together.
>
>That thick horizontal blue line is the main body of Cape Cod. (You're looking
>roughly northwest across Buzzards Bay, with the Bourne Bridge out of the
>picture to the left. The spit with the house on it is much closer.) If you
>don't want it there, be patient: The Atlantic Ocean is relentlessly washing
>Cape Cod away, bit by bit.

No great loss, in my opinion. I once drove out to Cape Cod and
returned on a summer Sunday afternoon. The only positive thing I can
say about that trip was that I could leave my car in traffic, leave
the car to use the restroom in some local business, and return to my
car without the driver behind me getting concerned because my car
hadn't moved.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: John McWilliams on
On 1/20/10 PDT 7:07 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:42:57 -0500, Robert Coe<bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:57:34 -0500, tony cooper<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net>

>> : I would like to thank whoever it was that recommended me.
>>
>> It was I, Tony. But you may be overlooking an important condition: a certain
>> amount of "earnest" money (enough, by coincidence, to effect the purchase of a
>> 7D and two or three additional lenses) must be deposited in my account at the
>> East Bank of the Mississippi in Memphis, Tennessee before the specified cash
>> amount can be rendered unto you. There are thieves and brigands out there, so
>> we can't be too careful. I'm sure you'll understand.
>
> Very understandable, and I will - of course - comply. In fact, I will
> add a bit of sweetener to the deal. I will send you a certified check
> on the 1st National Bank of Mombasa for roughly double the amount.
> Please keep what you are owed plus 20% of the additional monies.
> Forward the rest to my sister in cash. Unfortunately, due to a
> misunderstanding resulting from her identity being stolen, she is
> unable to cash a check or money order.

And, I am that sister, so expect an e-mail with my cousin's address
contained therein. Mailing cash to that address will reach me promptly,
and for each day prior to Jan. 31st, deduct 2%. My cousin is deaf, dumb
and blind (though a mean 'ball player) so the transaction will remain in
strict confidence.

--
John S McWilliams
(the S stands for sister- or nothing)