From: tony cooper on
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 18:14:25 +0000, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 12:00:22 -0500, "Tim Conway"
><tconway_113(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>All that whining and complaining they do sounds like just sour grapes to me.
>>Look at all the constructive things they could do if they weren't being so
>>negative.
>

>The constructive things they could do?
>The SI hit a nadir when several participants completely failed to
>understand the simplest of mandates. But their snapshots were still
>included, because no-one takes the mandates seriously.

Are we supposed to take the SI seriously? I didn't know that. Here's
me thinking the SI is just a casual way to put some photos on show in
an obscure (to the rest of the world of photography) newsgroup.

I mean, how seriously can we take something that is captained by
someone that goes by the name "Bowser"? What kind of downtown
competition has entries by a Savage Duck? At least we're not led by a
"Bruce" (snigger)

If this is a serious competition, where are the cash prizes? The gold
medals? The laurel wreaths?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Elliott Roper on
In article <hkcnbu$qup$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, John McWilliams
<jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:

<snip>
> Not many replacements, either, so unless there's some event I cannot
> forsee, usenet will continue to dwindle. Until it, too, catches the
> death badly enough.
>
> Film at eleven.

Dunno. Bad and all as usenet is, it is still way better than cheesy web
forums and (shudder) Twitter.

Now if the were a troll specific virus transmitted by NNTP, or a drug
like commonsenseicillin that could be administered to near terminal
cases by simply posting, that *would* be pleasant.

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248
From: Allen on
On 2/3/2010 2:52 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 18:14:25 +0000, Bruce<docnews2011(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 12:00:22 -0500, "Tim Conway"
>> <tconway_113(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> All that whining and complaining they do sounds like just sour grapes to me.
>>> Look at all the constructive things they could do if they weren't being so
>>> negative.
>>

>> The constructive things they could do?
>> The SI hit a nadir when several participants completely failed to
>> understand the simplest of mandates. But their snapshots were still
>> included, because no-one takes the mandates seriously.
>>

> Are we supposed to take the SI seriously? I didn't know that. Here's
> me thinking the SI is just a casual way to put some photos on show in
> an obscure (to the rest of the world of photography) newsgroup.
>
> I mean, how seriously can we take something that is captained by
> someone that goes by the name "Bowser"? What kind of downtown
> competition has entries by a Savage Duck? At least we're not led by a
> "Bruce" (snigger)
>
> If this is a serious competition, where are the cash prizes? The gold
> medals? The laurel wreaths?

Is Bruce a direct descendant of My Own Brucie?
Allen
From: Allen on
On 2/3/2010 1:44 PM, G. Browne wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 08:26:55 -0800, John McWilliams<jpmcw(a)comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> There is quite a long list of capable photographers who participated
>>> in the early days of the SI. They left both the SI and the SI's
>>> sponsoring newsgroup, never to return.
>>
>> All kinds of capable photogs have left NGs right and left, as well as
>> canning usenet altogether.
>
> All thanks to pretend-photographer trolls like you.

Most left when their service "providers" stopped providing access.
Allen
From: Robert Coe on
: wrote:
:
: >On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 12:00:22 -0500, "Tim Conway"
: ><tconway_113(a)comcast.net> wrote:
: >>
: >>All that whining and complaining they do sounds like just sour grapes
: >>to me. Look at all the constructive things they could do if they
: >>weren't being so negative.
: >
: >
[...]

Hasn't Bowser been sending you your laurel wreaths? I've received all those
that I was entitled to. Possibly yours were intercepted because Florida has
agricultural inspections at its borders to keep out boll weevils and spruce
budworms.

Bob