From: Ray Fischer on
Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:
> Savageduck

>>Yeeeees, but all of this is still hypothetical, and there is still no
>>proof of intent to smuggle a weapon into Canada and possess it
>>illegally.
>
>They don't need to do that.
>You and your unlicensed firearm are in Canada. That is illegal.

Technically no, it is not in Canada. People and goods are not in
Canada until they clear immigration and customs.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: C J Campbell on
On 2010-01-23 12:25:52 -0800, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) said:

> Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:
>> Savageduck
>
>>> Yeeeees, but all of this is still hypothetical, and there is still no
>>> proof of intent to smuggle a weapon into Canada and possess it
>>> illegally.
>>
>> They don't need to do that.
>> You and your unlicensed firearm are in Canada. That is illegal.
>
> Technically no, it is not in Canada. People and goods are not in
> Canada until they clear immigration and customs.

Technically they are in Canada. An illegal immigrant or smuggled item
is in Canada whether they have cleared customs and immigration or not.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

From: Ray Fischer on
C J Campbell <christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) said:
>> Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:
>>> Savageduck

>>> They don't need to do that.
>>> You and your unlicensed firearm are in Canada. That is illegal.
>>
>> Technically no, it is not in Canada. People and goods are not in
>> Canada until they clear immigration and customs.
>
>Technically they are in Canada.

Not according to the law. Airports set aside areas that are legally
outside of the host country.

> An illegal immigrant or smuggled item
>is in Canada

Not legally.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Chris H on
In message <4b5b7c54$0$1677$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, Ray Fischer
<rfischer(a)sonic.net> writes
>C J Campbell <christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) said:

>>> Technically no, it is not in Canada. People and goods are not in
>>> Canada until they clear immigration and customs.
>>
>>Technically they are in Canada.
>
>Not according to the law. Airports set aside areas that are legally
>outside of the host country.
>
>> An illegal immigrant or smuggled item
>>is in Canada
>
>Not legally.

Due to the US paranoia on terrorism these "rules" get bent when there is
a "suspect terrorist"

Besides the US is more known for breaking international law than
observing it.

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-01-24 07:41:23 -0800, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:

> The way this falls in the thread, it seems as if you are saying that
> California is not part of the United States. Yes, I know that's not
> what you mean, but there *are* people who think that parts of
> California are part of some other planet.

I know what you mean, I consider the entire L.A. basin an entity
foreign to me and detrimental to my physical and mental health. It is
to be avoided at all costs, only to be visited when circumstances
dictate every 3-4 years or so.
L.A. is not representative of all California, I am a Central Coast kind
of guy. ;-)

--
Regards,

Savageduck