From: Harald Hanche-Olsen on
+ Jan Steffen <jan.steffen(a)gmx.net>:

| If you have a Livedrive somewhere around, you can use its drivemodeapp
| to access your TX's SD card like a USB memory stick.

Or even better, get one of those SD cards that folds in the middle and
becomes a USB memory stick.

--
* Harald Hanche-Olsen <URL:http://www.math.ntnu.no/~hanche/>
-- Bertrand Russell
From: Derek on
Wilfrid wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows and then copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it?
> thanks for your help

Drivemode from a Lifedrive, as noted by Jan, would work.

CardExport II from Softick is my method of choice, since I had it long
before I had my TX. (http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/)

--
Derek

Biology grows on you.
From: mdspiro on
On Apr 18, 11:46 am, "Wilfrid" <grill...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows and then copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it?
> thanks for your help

I have a TX, and copy files directly to my SD card using a card-reader
built into my PC. I can also connect the TX with the serial-USB
hotsync cable to my PC and access the SD card on the desktop by using
a palm program called "CardReader" by Mobile Stream (free trial can be
found on palmgear.com). I don't believe there's any way to have the
internal memory on the TX be seen as a drive in Windows ... only the
SD card. However, once a file is copied to the card, you can move it
over to the internal memory on the Palm by using the free palm
program, "FileZ".

From: Onyx on
If you have access to a LifeDrive, how about beaming over the "Drive
Mode" application? (using a program like FileZ) I have seen it done
with "Files" and "Camera Helper". I'm not sure if it breaks the End
User License Agreement or not, however.

From: DevilsPGD on
In message <1177025751.062379.64100(a)d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com> Onyx
<outrun(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>If you have access to a LifeDrive, how about beaming over the "Drive
>Mode" application? (using a program like FileZ) I have seen it done
>with "Files" and "Camera Helper". I'm not sure if it breaks the End
>User License Agreement or not, however.

Did you sign any agreements?

Copyright would apply, but then so would "Fair use" (Which this may or
may not fall under)

--
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.