From: PleaseHelpMe on
There are no recorsd being returned when i run my parameter query.

SELECT TrackingID, DocumentNumber,DocumentType, RequestDate,DueDate,
ProgramID, AssignedTo, Author, StatusDate,Subject,Notes
FROM tblDocTracking
WHERE (((tblDocTracking.ProgramID)=[forms]![frmProgramSelect]![ProgramID]));

I have frmProgramSelect open.

I am not sure what i am doing wrong. Can you help?
From: vanderghast on
Be sure the control ProgramID is out of focus, to be sure that the value you
keyed in has been "updated". If the control is not updated (committed),
its last committed value, probably a null, will be used by the query.

Vanderghast, Access MVP

From: Jeff Boyce on
Any chance that the ?combobox field in your expression ([ProgramID] doesn't
actually hold the ProgramID field?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: KARL DEWEY on
Did you make a selection in the Combo before running the query?

If you want all records whereby you do not make a selection try using this --

SELECT TrackingID, DocumentNumber,DocumentType, RequestDate,DueDate,
ProgramID, AssignedTo, Author, StatusDate,Subject,Notes
FROM tblDocTracking
WHERE tblDocTracking.ProgramID Like
IIF([forms]![frmProgramSelect]![ProgramID] Is Null, "*",
[forms]![frmProgramSelect]![ProgramID]);

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: KARL DEWEY on
Another way (copied from John Spencer post) --
SELECT TrackingID, DocumentNumber,DocumentType, RequestDate,DueDate,
ProgramID, AssignedTo, Author, StatusDate,Subject,Notes
FROM tblDocTracking
WHERE tblDocTracking.ProgramID Like
Nz([forms]![frmProgramSelect]![ProgramID], "*");

--
Build a little, test a little.