From: Harry Strybos on
"Robbie" <robc1(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a "keyboard" form that I would like to reuse through out my
> application...
>
> Let's say in Form1 I have a text box or property I want to populate... I
> want to be able to call the "FormKeyboard" which has a textbox that gets
> populated with the value typed by the user. I then want to transfer this
> value back to the Calling Form...
>
> How may I make "FormKeyboard" generic enough to be useable form any form ?
>
> Thanks

Put a public property on your FormKeyboard called eg MyTextValue

Put a constructor on FormKeyboard

Public Sub New (sMyTextValue as String)
Me.MyTextValue = sMyTextValue 'here you pass whatever value to the form
End Sub

When calling FormKeyboard do it modally eg

Using frm as New FormKeyBoard(Text1.text)
With frm
.ShowDialog(Me)
'here you can get back the value
Text1.Text = .MyTextValue