From: Ansley on
I recieved the same error on a test file...very small

From: JulieS on
Hmmm. I've just run a quick test here -- Project Pro 2007 SP-2
not connected to server (neither Project Server nor terminal
server) I get repeated "unexpected errors 0x8C04001B" when
trying to save an existing file with a write reservation
password. Unable to save a write reservation password.

New file -- never saved before. No trouble this time saving with
a write reservation password. Open file with "read-only" no
errors. Close the file. Re-open and provide the password. No
errors. Able to save and re=open without error.

However, the initial error which I can reproduce on all files
plus your comments lead me to say I would not use password on
Project files.

Sorry I didn't have a better answer.