From: Paul Clement on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:55:56 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:

� > Oh, sorry again. So you are are an MVP of the REAL Visual Basic? What do
� > they call MVPs of what Mike calls 'the imposter' ? (only decent answers
� > please chaps!)

� He's still doing his Trix Rabbit impersonation, I'm afraid. Paul
� exists here solely to impart confusion on occassional visitors. For
� example, he's almost always "sarcastic" so saying so in this context is
� meant to confuse by implying that he didn't mean what he said. Au
� contraire! He very much meant it, but was just playing around (with
� people's minds). Pay no attention to him, other than to realize his
� only purpose is to further the goals of Microsoft at the expense of
� their customers.

LOL!

Between the two of us I'm the only one still supporting their customers.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: Karl E. Peterson on
AR88 Enthusiast wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
>> AR88 Enthusiast wrote:
>>> "Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage(a)swspectrum.com> wrote in message

>>> Oh, sorry again. So you are are an MVP of the REAL Visual Basic? What do
>>> they call MVPs of what Mike calls 'the imposter' ? (only decent answers
>>> please chaps!)
>>
>> He's still doing his Trix Rabbit impersonation, I'm afraid. Paul exists
>> here solely to impart confusion on occassional visitors. For example, he's
>> almost always "sarcastic" so saying so in this context is meant to confuse
>> by implying that he didn't mean what he said. Au contraire! He very much
>> meant it, but was just playing around (with people's minds). Pay no
>> attention to him, other than to realize his only purpose is to further the
>> goals of Microsoft at the expense of their customers.
>>
>> -- .NET: It's About Trust!
>> http://vfred.mvps.org
>>
> Thanks for that clarification! BTW, I've just been reading VB Express for
> Dummies. On *nearly every page* the author is saying what a terrible mistake
> Microsoft made when they ditched Vb, how C-centric people have destroyed the
> laguage and written inexplicable help messages, and how it hardly helps to
> have stepped back to Vb Express in the hope of retrieving the situation. I
> discovered by accident that an acquantaince of mine here in Aust. is very
> closely related to a VP of Microsoft. I am hopeful of getting a message
> directly to Bill imploring him -- even at this late stage -- to unravel this
> disaster. I assume all previous pleas have never reached him and have been
> diverted to the team of (or course slef-inetrested) destroyers. I wonder what
> my chances are?

Pretty damned slim, I hate to say. Bill's all but totally disentangled
from the management of MSFT anymore. Sure, he's got the lion's share
of stock, but that's about it. Ballmer's the one who destroyed the
language and the company that was founded upon it. I don't think
anything but a stockholder revolt at this point would help.

http://vb.mvps.org/images/BallmerCEO.gif (about 9 months behind, but
you'll get the gist)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Paul Clement wrote:
> � only purpose is to further the goals of Microsoft at the expense of
> � their customers.
>
> LOL!
>
> Between the two of us I'm the only one still supporting their customers.

Could be. Who knows? I'm not sure I still *know* any of their
customers.

Survey time... Anyone here a MSFT customer? (Present tense)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: mayayana on
> Survey time... Anyone here a MSFT customer? (Present tense)

The last product I bought was a Win98 CD,
in 2001. I *wish* I were a customer. I sure
would like to want to delve into something
new.

I had an interesting experience today, apropos
of that. I was in Best Buy and saw that they're
selling cheap Atom PCs running XP. That cheered
me up, because I don't dislike XP as much as I
dislike Vista/7. I only mildly loathe it. So the
likelihood that XP will be fully supported for at
least 3 more years is almost uplifting. (Or to
borrow a bit of Microsoft culture's rampant
verbification, it "happifies me". :)

From: Karl E. Peterson on
mayayana wrote:
>> Survey time... Anyone here a MSFT customer? (Present tense)
>
> The last product I bought was a Win98 CD,
> in 2001. I *wish* I were a customer.

Yeah, I'd like to be, too. There was a time when we succeeded
together.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org