From: Edward on
I am using Quicken Premier 2010. I pay my credit card online through my
checking account. Quicken correctly records the payment in my checking
account, and shows the payment in the credit card account as a payment,
but added it to the balance due rather than subtract it. I have used
quicken for ten years or more and it has never done this. Any idea what
is going wrong?
Another odd thing is the account will reconcile as if Quicken is
reporting the balance correctly.
From: Edward on
On 7/28/2010 7:52 AM, Edward wrote:
> I am using Quicken Premier 2010. I pay my credit card online through my
> checking account. Quicken correctly records the payment in my checking
> account, and shows the payment in the credit card account as a payment,
> but added it to the balance due rather than subtract it. I have used
> quicken for ten years or more and it has never done this. Any idea what
> is going wrong?
> Another odd thing is the account will reconcile as if Quicken is
> reporting the balance correctly.

Also, if I move the payment from the payment column to the charge column
in the credit card account, it deducts the payment correctly.
From: Edward on
On 7/28/2010 7:56 AM, Edward wrote:
> On 7/28/2010 7:52 AM, Edward wrote:
>> I am using Quicken Premier 2010. I pay my credit card online through my
>> checking account. Quicken correctly records the payment in my checking
>> account, and shows the payment in the credit card account as a payment,
>> but added it to the balance due rather than subtract it. I have used
>> quicken for ten years or more and it has never done this. Any idea what
>> is going wrong?
>> Another odd thing is the account will reconcile as if Quicken is
>> reporting the balance correctly.
>

> Also, if I move the payment from the payment column to the charge column
> in the credit card account, it deducts the payment correctly.

Ok, one MORE thing. I just realized that everything after that entry is
reversed. All charges are being deducted from the balance rather than
added to the balance.
From: Han on
Edward <Edward(a)nospam.com> wrote in

> On 7/28/2010 7:56 AM, Edward wrote:
>> On 7/28/2010 7:52 AM, Edward wrote:
>>> I am using Quicken Premier 2010. I pay my credit card online through
>>> my checking account. Quicken correctly records the payment in my
>>> checking account, and shows the payment in the credit card account
>>> as a payment, but added it to the balance due rather than subtract
>>> it. I have used quicken for ten years or more and it has never done
>>> this. Any idea what is going wrong?
>>> Another odd thing is the account will reconcile as if Quicken is
>>> reporting the balance correctly.
>>

>> Also, if I move the payment from the payment column to the charge
>> column in the credit card account, it deducts the payment correctly.
>
> Ok, one MORE thing. I just realized that everything after that entry
> is reversed. All charges are being deducted from the balance rather
> than added to the balance.

I don't understand. Quicken is doing this all by itself? You don't do
anything? No data entry by hand, no downloading? Please, we can't read
your mind, you need to give details.

What credit card?

--
Best regards
Han
From: Keith Snyder on

"Han" <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote in message
> Edward <Edward(a)nospam.com> wrote in

>>> Also, if I move the payment from the payment column to the charge
>>> column in the credit card account, it deducts the payment correctly.
>>
>> Ok, one MORE thing. I just realized that everything after that entry
>> is reversed. All charges are being deducted from the balance rather
>> than added to the balance.
>
> I don't understand. Quicken is doing this all by itself? You don't do
> anything? No data entry by hand, no downloading? Please, we can't read
> your mind, you need to give details.
>
> What credit card?

I had the same "problem". Turned out it was not a "problem" but a
misintretation of the Quicken transaction. IIRC, Quicken shows the payment
as a negative charge in the payment column. Anyhow, it reconciles fine.