From: mam on
When I right click on My PC it says: Windows Xp Tablet PC 2005 edition sp2
under both Operating systems

How can I found what pen drivers I am using? I have taken a look to device
manager and it seems that both OS have the same drivers.

I dont know if the drivers are under a)Human Interface devices or b)Mice and
other pointing devices. But, repeat, both have the same devices

What a would like to know is what drivers load the OS in order the touch
screen works properly?

I ran HijaackThis on both OS trying to find differences in registry Keys or
proccesses running, but I am not able to see wich are the Processes/Registry
keys associated with the Pen (Touch screen). I have performed several
searches under the words: touch, pen, keyboard but i dont find anything.

Another symptom that perhaps can help is that the Tablet PC Input Panel
doesn´t work properly: The manual input panel doesn´t work, nor the Options,
nor the Help

--
Life is worthwhile living

From: Chris H. on
The Acer C300 is Electro Magnetic Resonance (EMR), not touch, which means
you're most likely running the Wacom drivers. The latest is here:
http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm . It should be shown under the HID
section in Device Manager, probably as Wacom Penabled HID MiniDriver.

For items launching at startup, you can go to Start/Run and put in
"msconfig" then tap the OK button to launch the System Configuration
Utility. On the Startup tab, I believe you should have at least tapbutt,
tabtip and tablet s launching. The Services tab should also show you a
listing for TabletService (Wacom Technology).