From: mam on
I have an Acer Travelmate C300 with WXP Tablet PC Edition 2005 sp2
The pen used to work fine, but suddenly it stop working
I dont know where to look because in the Panel Control under Pen
configuration it seems that all is correct

I dont found any error in device manager neither under event viewer

What can I do?

--
Life is worthwhile living
From: Chris H. on
Is the pen not recognized at all, that is the cursor doesn't move anywhere
when you have the pen near the screen, or only in certain programs or the
Tablet Input Panel. Does a mouse function correctly? If the pen cannot
control the cursor at all, then it would sound like the digitizer has gone
out and you should contact Acer's support section.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

From: mam on
Chris:

Thank you for your prompt answer. The Tablet input panel doesn´t appears at
all.
The question is that I have been a while without using it because the pen
had broken. Now I bought one new and i realize that the Tablet Input Panel
has dissapeared. The hardware is ok because if I start with the older Win XP
Tablet PC (that I have in another partition) it works fine, but I couldn´t
find the differences in the configuration between the two OS.

What I would like to know is if I there is a check-list to check if the
drivers for the pen has been loaded properly, or where do I have to look
(registry, proccesses, etc.) to see if everything is O.K.

--
Life is worthwhile living

From: Chris H. on
Okay, if you're running two partitions, and the one doesn't have the Tablet
Input Panel, who did you do that installation? When you right-click My
Computer, what does the General tab show for System: information? What pen
drivers are you running on that partition?

From: Chris H. on
Should be "how" did you do the install, not who. 8-)