From: Ray Fischer on
Peabody <waybackNO784SPAM44(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> rander3127(a)gmail.com says...
>
> > Detail retention at higher ISO's seems to be better than
> > other crop cameras out there and noise control is
> > reasonable. I think it would make a very good, compact
> > low-light camera, coupled to a fast lens. Pity the 35mm
> > f2.0 was discontinued and remaining samples are very
> > expensive.
>
>The DPReview review of the K-X was glowing in its praise.

Nope.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Bruce on
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:29:13 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>I just compared the images from it (400 - 3200 ISO) and it does have a
>decided edge on the K7 sensor output when it comes to noise control
>and detail retention. Pentax has done a good job.

Or, Pentax has done a bad job with the K-7.

From: RichA on
On Mar 1, 3:30 am, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> RichA  <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Wishing doesn't make it so.

> >> Why? Do you think that biased reporters who have not done detailed
> >> and objective tests are credible?
>
> >No,
>
> Good.
>
> >  I think the owners
>
> Biased.
>
> >  and Dpreview's both show the sensor is top
> >notch.
>
> Too bad that a camera isn't a sensor and that image quality in general
> falls short.  Also also remember that you say that DPReview is biased.
>
> --
> Ray Fischer
> rfisc...(a)sonic.net

I also said, look at the tests, and they point out the camera produces
good images.
From: Ray Fischer on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mar 1, 3:30�am, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>> RichA �<rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> >No,
>>
>> Good.
>>
>> > �I think the owners
>>
>> Biased.
>>
>> > �and Dpreview's both show the sensor is top
>> >notch.
>>
>> Too bad that a camera isn't a sensor and that image quality in general
>> falls short. �Also also remember that you say that DPReview is biased.
>
>I also said, look at the tests,

The tests that reveals the camera's shortcomings.

> and they point out the camera produces
>good images.

In some situations.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: RichA on
On Mar 2, 3:37 am, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> RichA  <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Good.

> >> Biased.

> >> Too bad that a camera isn't a sensor and that image quality in general
> >> falls short. Also also remember that you say that DPReview is biased.
>
> >I also said, look at the tests,
>
> The tests that reveals the camera's shortcomings.
>
> > and they point out the camera produces
> >good images.
>
> In some situations.
>
> --
> Ray Fischer
> rfisc...(a)sonic.net

My interest is primarily for mostly static image shots requiring
decent low light performance and some portability from the camera. My
D300 can do the shots, but isn't very portable. My G1 is very
portable, but poor at high ISO. At this point, it appears that apart
from FF (all larger cameras), the Pentax produces the best low light
shots.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: shell
Next: Photo software suitable for multiple users