From: SMS on
Bruce wrote:

> Most of the formerly excellent Pentax lens range has gone. The few
> that remain have been swamped by average optics made by Tokina,
> another member of the same Hoya Group as Pentax. Those are all
> available for other brands of DSLR, so why buy a Pentax DSLR?

I'd avoid all products from the Hoya Group, just on moral grounds, after
what they are trying to pull with Hoya filter pricing.
From: Pete Stavrakoglou on
"SMS" <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote in message
> Bruce wrote:
>
>> Most of the formerly excellent Pentax lens range has gone. The few
>> that remain have been swamped by average optics made by Tokina,
>> another member of the same Hoya Group as Pentax. Those are all
>> available for other brands of DSLR, so why buy a Pentax DSLR?
>
> I'd avoid all products from the Hoya Group, just on moral grounds, after
> what they are trying to pull with Hoya filter pricing.

Pentax is owned by Hoya, Tokina is not. Tokina is not a member of the Hoya
group, just a customer.

From: stephe_k on
nospam wrote:
> In article
> <41df2b0e-03ee-4ea1-b60d-6de84dd99e97(a)f8g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
> RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Better in terms of image quality. Read what the owners say in the
>> Pentax forum on Dpreview.
>
> that doesn't mean anything. owners of every camera think their choice
> is the best, otherwise they wouldn't have bought it.

Nice one. Maybe one day people will figure this out. :-)

What's most amazing to me is the lengths they will go to defending their
purchase decisions and to beat down the one they didn't choose. I've
shot with most of the major brands and as long as you don't have a
really crappy lens attached, they all make nice prints. Even a couple of
generations old ones will. Unless you are such a crappy photographer
you have to try to make a 16X20 print from 1/4 of the frame or find a
need to shoot at ISO 6400+. Then maybe some models work better than others.

Stephanie
From: RichA on
On Mar 3, 1:17 am, "steph...(a)yahoo.com" <steph...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> nospam wrote:
> > In article
> > <41df2b0e-03ee-4ea1-b60d-6de84dd99...(a)f8g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
> > RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Better in terms of image quality.  Read what the owners say in the
> >> Pentax forum on Dpreview.
>
> > that doesn't mean anything. owners of every camera think their choice
> > is the best, otherwise they wouldn't have bought it.
>
> Nice one. Maybe one day people will figure this out. :-)

Sometimes true, in this case, wrong. A few of them own the K7 and the
K-X and find the K-X to be better. That's why they wish the K7 had
the K-X sensor. Get it?
From: stephe_k on
RichA wrote:
> On Mar 3, 1:17 am, "steph...(a)yahoo.com" <steph...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> nospam wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <41df2b0e-03ee-4ea1-b60d-6de84dd99...(a)f8g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
>>> that doesn't mean anything. owners of every camera think their choice
>>> is the best, otherwise they wouldn't have bought it.
>> Nice one. Maybe one day people will figure this out. :-)
>
> Sometimes true, in this case, wrong. A few of them own the K7 and the
> K-X and find the K-X to be better. That's why they wish the K7 had
> the K-X sensor. Get it?

A few <> "the owners", Get it??

Plus I would venture to guess people who own both are techno-geek pixel
peepers who couldn't take a worthwhile photograph if their life depended
on it. In a normal size useful print I highly doubt you can see any
difference in the two.

Stephanie
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: shell
Next: Photo software suitable for multiple users