From: Jancis on
My Outlook 2003 has developed a 'phantom' message in the outbox. Everytime I
try and send/receive messages or open Outlook or one of its windows it trys
to send this 'phantom' message. Otherwise the send/receive works OK. It is
most anoying as I have to wait until it goes through the hoops and comes up
with an error message. There is nothing in the outbox. I have tried
everything - cancel the send attempt, shut down Outlook, shut down computer
but it is still there. any suggestions?

From: Peter Foldes on
Jancis

Most probably it is trying to send a Read Receipt. Remove that option from your
setup

--
Peter

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on