From: TJ on
On 02/09/2010 03:16 PM, ray wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 09:52:22 -0600, Too Funny wrote:
>
>> I thought it would be fun to add yet one more graphic editor into the
>> testing results, and then combine them all into one easy to see chart so
>> people don't have to bother clicking on 5 different links. Then trying
>> to remember what you saw at each one (I know how slow some of you are).
>>

>> "Granger Calibration Chart" Editor-Test Results
>>
>> http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2775/4337905568_55c1e9cfa6_o.jpg
>>
>> Isn't this fun? :-)
>
> I'd have thought there'd be a lot more to photo editing.

It's certainly been an education for me. Any thoughts I've had about
checking out digital photography newsgroups have been properly squashed.
Too many snobs for my taste.

It's WAY past time for a new killfile...

TJ
--
90 per cent of everything is crud.

- Theodore Sturgeon
From: BD on

> It's certainly been an education for me. Any thoughts I've had about
> checking out digital photography newsgroups have been properly squashed.
> Too many snobs for my taste.

Actually, it's newsgroups one the whole that are more the issue, IMO.
It's kind of the lowest common denominator of discussion groups.
From: Lon on
BD wrote:
>> It's certainly been an education for me. Any thoughts I've had about
>> checking out digital photography newsgroups have been properly squashed.
>> Too many snobs for my taste.
>
> Actually, it's newsgroups one the whole that are more the issue, IMO.
> It's kind of the lowest common denominator of discussion groups.

Its rare to find any discussion that doesnt have a few loudmouth drunks
in the room.

Some people employ their own built-in cognition filters and just watch
for the good tidbits that come under the 10% rule of Sturgeons Law.

Others head for the mommyisms of moderated forums.

Others just stick their heads in the sand and remain at their prior
level of knowledge.