From: RichA on
Brit politco's need sending to gulags, before they do the same to half
the population.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Photographers_fear_online_privacy_revamp_will_ban_street_pics_update_1_news_296725.html

'The [Data Protection] regulations will all but ban professional
photographers from working in public places, with the stipulation that
a photographer must ask permission of all people who appear in their
photographs to avoid illegally possessing "personal data",' the group
claimed in a statement.

Celine Marchbank, one of the organisers, added: 'Despite the CCTV and
camera phone-obsessed world we live in, the government will require
photographers to gain permission from every single person that might
appear in any shot.'

However, the ICO insists that its new guidelines, to be published
before the end of the year, will not outlaw street photography.

'If you are in a public place and there is a reasonable expectation of
you being photographed, the likelihood of you breaching the Data
Protection Act is very, very slim,' an ICO spokeswoman told AP.
From: Seymore on
"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Brit politco's need sending to gulags, before they do the same to half
> the population.
>
> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Photographers_fear_online_privacy_revamp_will_ban_street_pics_update_1_news_296725.html

Sounds like they're going after the paps.

From: Martin Brown on
Seymore wrote:
> "RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Brit politco's need sending to gulags, before they do the same to half
>> the population.
>>
>> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Photographers_fear_online_privacy_revamp_will_ban_street_pics_update_1_news_296725.html
>
> Sounds like they're going after the paps.

The ICO is such a senile ineffectual toothless "watchdog" that it
doesn't matter what edicts it issues. They will never be enforced by
much more than a slap on the wrist. The UK banks have been caught
several times putting unshredded personal details into their bins which
should be a serious prosecutable offence but nothing ever happens.

Ignore the RichA troll and he will go away.

Regards,
Martin Brown