From: RichA on
Wait for HP to release its version. No USB port Apple? Are you THAT
paranoid about content control??
From: George Kerby on

On 4/8/10 6:09 PM, in article
8e18bd2a-2c76-4afe-839f-c0ea08c6c01e(a)g10g2000yqh.googlegroups.com, "RichA"
<rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Wait for HP to release its version. No USB port Apple? Are you THAT
> paranoid about content control??

You REALLY are an idiot, are you not?

It comes with a cable that interfaces with USB. Your conclusions are that of
a hydrocephalic reptile, dipshit.

Tell me, can you walk and find you distal anal sphincter with both hands at
the same time?

From: SMS on
On 08/04/10 4:09 PM, RichA wrote:
> Wait for HP to release its version. No USB port Apple? Are you THAT
> paranoid about content control??

The reason for the lack of a USB port is not because of content control.
You can upload content through the cable that comes with it. It's not a
host USB port, but you don't need a host USB port for uploading content.

What they don't want to happen is for the iPad to end up in the vertical
marketplace with all sorts of USB peripherals plugged into a host USB
port. It would be an ideal platform for a _lot_ of vertical applications
if it had a USB port where you could connect scientific, health care,
and other peripherals; it's relatively inexpensive, and it has excellent
battery life and a good display.

The last thing Apple wants is the iPad ending up being used in
commercial and industrial applications with software being loaded onto
it via conduits other than the apps store, and with no prospect of
selling content like books, movies, and music. Imagine the iPad as the
base unit for digital storage oscilloscope, a health monitor for home
health care (blood pressure, diabetic testing, etc.) a mobile retail
terminal with a bar code scanner, etc., all things that current (and
expensive) Windows based tablets and UPCs are now being used for. Unless
someone gets really creative, is able to get true multi-tasking working,
and is able to somehow get a host USB port, the iPad can't be used in
ways that Apple doesn't want it used.
From: David J. Littleboy on

"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Wait for HP to release its version. No USB port Apple? Are you THAT
> paranoid about content control??

Nah, the best advice for someone wanting an iPad is to shut up and buy one
and enjoy it. When HP releases its version, you'll be telling us to wait for
Apple's response, and anyone dumb enough to take your advice will never get
one.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

From: Mr. Strat on
In article
<8e18bd2a-2c76-4afe-839f-c0ea08c6c01e(a)g10g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Wait for HP to release its version. No USB port Apple? Are you THAT
> paranoid about content control??

Oh yeah, the HP is a real winner - 5-hour battery and an Atom
processor. Woooo...let me get in line.