From: ray on
On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:09:40 -0700, RichA wrote:

> Wait for HP to release its version. No USB port Apple? Are you THAT
> paranoid about content control??

Half a netbook for over twice the price - what's the point?
From: C J Campbell on
On 2010-04-08 19:28:27 -0700, "David J. Littleboy" <davidjl(a)gol.com> said:

> "RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Wait for HP to release its version. No USB port Apple? Are you THAT
>> paranoid about content control??
>
> Nah, the best advice for someone wanting an iPad is to shut up and buy one
> and enjoy it. When HP releases its version, you'll be telling us to wait for
> Apple's response, and anyone dumb enough to take your advice will never get
> one.

Rich really doesn't get it. The iPhone is now the dominant mobile OS
with a 69% market share. The iPad is the death knell of Windoze based
netbooks and even many laptops. In fact, we are also probably nearing
the life cycle of both Windows and OS X. Both of these operating
systems are getting pretty long in the tooth. Essentially, the iPhone
has become OS XI. Apple will continue to release new Macs and new
versions of OS X for a few years, but I would not be surprised to see
Macs slowly disappearing. Microsoft is going to have to stop thinking
of itself as "Windows, Inc." and either come up with a total
replacement or die.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

From: nospam on
In article <827ijtF2hkU52(a)mid.individual.net>, ray <ray(a)zianet.com>
wrote:

> Half a netbook for over twice the price - what's the point?

it's not a netbook, nor is it half one.
From: C J Campbell on
On 2010-04-08 21:13:51 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> said:

> In article <827ijtF2hkU52(a)mid.individual.net>, ray <ray(a)zianet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Half a netbook for over twice the price - what's the point?
>
> it's not a netbook, nor is it half one.

Nor is it intended to be one. This thing is something else entirely.
Your comment is like looking at an apple and saying it is not an
orange, nor is it half one.

From: Ray Fischer on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Wait for HP to release its version. No USB port Apple? Are you THAT

If I don't buy an iPad it won't be because some know-nothing
anti-Apple bigot's whinings. You're not qualified to offer
any advice and the advice you spew anyway isn't even worth
what people pay for it.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net